10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Kohe321

Oh, the days of Alves and Alex Song. Barca was more a modern art gallery than a football club in those days.

By the way, Douglas is clearly the winner in that last picture. Happiest man alive right there.

M

MessiCam

The whole political uncertainty in Catalonia at the moment doesn’t give me confidence that Messi will stay. This if anything could be his ticket out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like the club is already paying him according to his new contract. So he's signed it.

Besides, Messi is the guy who had the Catalan flag along with the Argentine one on his wedding.

The guy's loyalty will prevent him from leaving even if it personally might be better for him career-wise.

Good for us!

Horatio

You're welcome
Besides, Messi is the guy who had the Catalan flag along with the Argentine one on his wedding.

The guy's loyalty will prevent him from leaving even if it personally might be better for him career-wise.

Good for us!

Only now you tell us? Could have instilled us with comfort a bit sooner.

M

MessiCam

Looks like the club is already paying him according to his new contract. So he's signed it.

Good for us!
I’m aware of him being paid under his new contract already but that all goes for a ball of shit if they have no league to play in.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I’m aware of him being paid under his new contract already but that all goes for a ball of shit if they have no league to play in.

I see this thrown around a lot by people who seem to be unaware of the fact that Barcelona cannot get thrown out of anything, and even if there is a danger of that happening, La Liga have too much to lose.

M

MessiCam

I see this thrown around a lot by people who seem to be unaware of the fact that Barcelona cannot get thrown out of anything, and even if there is a danger of that happening, La Liga have too much to lose.

But that’s just the issue. Spanish sports laws are such that teams and federations have to be under the Spanish umbrella. Only a law change could alter that.

As for La Liga, well without the law alteration all Catalan teams would be kicked out irrespective of financial loss.

Home rule will likely be suspended now... It’s just a mess.

Mitchell1978

Again unless Catalonia actually becomes an independent state recognised by Spain and the rest of the world nothing should change in La Liga.
What the Catalan government did today only matters to their own supporters, no one else agrees or cares.

Ripsta

He's one of a very select few to ever kick a football who's worth the kind of money thrown his way.

Without him I fear where the Club could end up.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's been dispossessed quite a few times today. Still bossed it of course, but it seemed he did not have that extra burst of pace to lose the defenders behind him. Was tackled from behind a few times on the break.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Once again carried the team and even after a decade of his heroics he still doesn't fail to amaze me.

Home of Barca Fans