10 - Lionel Messi - v5

FinBarcelonafan

Just to put things into perspective.

Age 30 - Messi will likely end this season with having reached 625 career goals.
Age 31 - 50-60 goals
Age 32 - 50-60 goals
Age 33 - 40-50 goals
Age 34 - 35-45 goals
Age 35 - 30-40 goals
Age 36 - 25-35 goals
Age 37 - 20-30 goals
Age 38 - 15-25 goals
Age 39 - 10-20 goals

Lower - 900 goals
High - 990 goals

Currently Messi is capable of scoring 50-60 goals per season. He should be able to do so for the next 2-3 seasons - but after that, when he starts to decline, he'll likely score around 30-40 per season, which is more than enough for him to reach 900-1000, should he play into his late 30's

I don't see him play that long, especially with Barcelona. I think he will go back to Argentina to finish his career.

Those goal amounts are quite insane, 37 years old and 20-30 goals? Is there any player in history who scored that many at that late age? can't be too many. I know Aduriz is quite old and keeps putting up great numbers.

LordLichtenstein

I don't see him play that long, especially with Barcelona. I think he will go back to Argentina to finish his career.

Those goal amounts are quite insane, 37 years old and 20-30 goals? Is there any player in history who scored that many at that late age? can't be too many. I know Aduriz is quite old and keeps putting up great numbers.

Either do I, but I would sure love to see him finish his career here.

Are they really? It is Messi we are talking about. It is simply impossible to compare him with anyone throughout history, as he is the one making it.

Hardy

Key is motivation and enjoy to play football, if he's motivated there is no problem except injury. I think Messi can be the Federer of football.

Givenchy

Imagine him being 13 goals ahead of Ronaldo for the Pichichi 6 matches in, would be hysterical watching Ronaldo shoot from everywhere for the rest of the year and having Madrid perform even worse as a result.

Ronaldo wont get anywhere near him this season. its funny how many, including me were contemplating during the summer Messi's next evolution into CAM and here he is more prolific infront of goal than ever :lol: at this stage i rather he play the false 9 and leave Suarez benched

Ripsta

Ronaldo wont get anywhere near him this season. its funny how many, including me were contemplating during the summer Messi's next evolution into CAM and here he is more prolific infront of goal than ever :lol: at this stage i rather he play the false 9 and leave Suarez benched

Paulinho has been an astute buy in that sense, considerably better than slow coach Rakitic.

Ritchie

Imagine him being 13 goals ahead of Ronaldo for the Pichichi 6 matches in, would be hysterical watching Ronaldo shoot from everywhere for the rest of the year and having Madrid perform even worse as a result.

He knows it's all about CL for the Ballon D'or or World Cup in World Cup year.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Should be resting him for the remaining 20 odd minutes with the game dead.
That Maffeo tactic from Girona was funny, tho. Also got to admit that he looks far better without Suarez on the pitch.

Last edited:

booge

Suarez is a distraction infront of messi. Messi doesnt need to see suarez or anyone, Just 5 defenders. it's easier for his brain to process the way to goal.

Home of Barca Fans