10 - Lionel Messi - v5

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi will give them more commercial value and a great chance for a CL trophy or even two.

When you look at it that way, it will be worth it for the Man City owner and the club itself.

JamDav1982

Messi will give them more commercial value and a great chance for a CL trophy or even two.

When you look at it that way, it will be worth it for the Man City owner and the club itself.

There is always a price that stops making sense though.

Probably cost them 110m a year or so in his declining years.

Only way they do that is if whim of owners and given up completely on FFP.

What price do people expect Messi to be before he is too expensive?

Gordo101

I don't see why everyone is talking about the buyout clause, it's not relevant.

Messie has one year left on his contract, if he was willing to move to Man City, why resign for Barca this year just to make a future move difficult?

Run down contract, request 150m sign on fee from City === profit.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Everyone that is saying we should sell Messi while we can get some money for him should really be ashamed of Themselves. We are here talking about a club legend that has never even thought of betraying us despite constantly getting staggering offers from different clubs, Real Madrid included. He has only showed passion for Barca and respect and nothing else. Yet some fans are ready to blame him when he is taking his time thinking about his contract renewal for any reasons. It is within his right to either sign and renew or walk away. I personally would support him in whatever decision he may take. He has always given his all for Barca and has been nothing but loyal and respectful. After all these years, seeing his behavior through thick and thin this should not be the response we should be giving him when we are hearing only rumors.

That said I really don't see Leo leaving us, he is currently dealing with a really toxic board and is in a tough situation, but we are talking about a guy who is way too loyal in his decisions. But I can see the board starting to drop him under the bus if he keeps holding his signature and it starts to make their situation more shaky than it already is. Messi has never played mind games with Barca the way Neymar was, and he probably has a very good reason for what he is doing. I don't know if he wants to get included in the political plays of this board at this stage of the season, it is a seriously tough decision and this is also his boyhood club; Too many things are involved to be considered.

If he wants to use this as his point of applying pressure to the board without getting involved in political plays, then it is a smart choice actually. He knows his signature is of immense importance and in the current state of the club, taking his time to come to a decision is the best thing he can do.

DonAK

Might be cliche, but having a player like Messi for a club like City is a matter of history IMO and therefore priceless.

Historic and if he leads you to a CL title or two, your stature grows exponentially.

Money is no issue for them, but a player like Messi can really establish them as a club. City still seem like a club trying to find their feet in European football.

That said, Ceferin(UEFA Pres.) has said they will go down hard on clubs spending freely like that after the Neymar and Mbappe debacle, so the window might have closed for City already.

But I hope Messi never leaves Barcelona, however if he does, I won't blame him. He's given this club more than it bargained for while it's failing to keep up when it comes to renewing the squad and adding more quality in the positions needed. Also a structural and institutional mess right now with a power struggle going on. Bartomeu is apparently trying to replace most of the board of directors.

Last edited:

DonAK

DI-TYfMXcAAufGK.jpg:large

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Whole team was awful tonight, yes, even him. Just some glimpses. Shame he got fucking braindead retards like Pastore, Acosta etc. screwing up every fucking pass and chance. Unforgivable. If just Icardi and Dybala could've scored those early sitters, it would've been an easy win.

5ergio_Busquets

Man this Argentina team is so depressing to watch.. totally hopeless!
We were complaining about Arda being lazy but Messi reached another level in laziness!
He just stays there chilling between the three players marking him, so difficult for his team mates to find, rarely makes any runs or supports a counter attack.
If somehow his team mates manage to give him the ball he tries to do something but anything else is none of his business.
Messi recently looked tired of football and like he doesn't care about it anymore.

Some people wanted Sampaoli as Barca coach but I'm very happy we stayed away from this clueless guy. No tactics whatsoever, strange formation with 3 Defenders and a very bad choice of players. In the last 30 minutes he subbed Dybala out to bing in a useless amateur Argentinian league player named Benedetto!
He took Icardi out, the scorer of their only goal and the only striker who created danger in Venezuela's penalty area and brought in Pastore!
Absolutely cluless this Sampaoli guy.

Much2soon

What's happened since Messi renounced retirement?

Banned 4 games for gestures to ref, comebacks and they draw against two teams they should've beat.

Honestly should have just stayed retired. I was calling him out all on it late season but it seems like his ambition is almost gone or just not where it's supposed to be, this is where I give the other guy credit.

Devils

Doesn't look like this Argentina team is going to bounce back. It's like those 3 finals they made was their peak but they couldn't capitalize on it.

Sad for Messi, this would be a massive blow for him.

Home of Barca Fans