10 - Lionel Messi - v5

KiX7777

When you think about it, Messi will have match free summer for the first time since 2013.

Thank you for bailing us out and giving us hope. Recharge your batteries and see you in few months.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I was curious so I watched all of Leo's goals this season and even he managed to surprise me. Out of Messi's 54 goals this season, 14 came from outside the box. That's roughly 26%, as in more than 1 out of every 4 goals that Leo scored was from outside the area. To be by far the highest volume scorer in Europe AND by far the most prolific from distance is another absurd Messi-ism.

In comparison, Ronaldo has 5 from outside the box this season. Messi may not go around banging in screamers from 30+ yards all the time but he is by far the most effective perimeter scorer in football history. Give him any space in front of the box and he'll punish opponents with the most effective low driven or well placed strikes around. He transcends greatness, truly in a class of his own.

Total-Football

Played like a demon today. Fantastic, he really warms hearts when he plays like this. One more reason Luis enrique gets no sympy from me. 2 seasons in row we were not only eliminated ( can happen, it happened to pep ) but we were outplayed, that's unacceptable. Having an attack and a player of this magnitude.

Last edited:

Arkk

GOAT pure and simple. ronaldo shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as this man. we should cherish every moment left of his career, football will feel very empty when he retires. wish we could clone him

Ritchie

He deserves so much more. He's had a great season, carried a truly awful, slow, turgid, disorganised rabble to a cup and kept them in the title race till the last day and won the pichichi and golden shoe despite having to drop deep to create everything. Yet it's Penaldo in a CL final next week and Ballon winner yet again from his team mates hard work.

Pedro

La Masia
Has anyone noticed he plays better when he's wearning short sleeves? Rather than the straight jacket thing on his forearms

Ritchie

Played like a demon today. Fantastic, he really warms hearts when he plays like this. One more reason Luis enrique gets no sympy from me. 2 seasons in row we were not only eliminated ( can happen, it happened to pep ) but we were outplayed, that's unacceptable. Having an attack and a player of this magnitude.

Messi has propped up his shit tactics and signings for 3 years. Chickens came home to roost this season and Real have cleaned up.

BarcaOG

Banned
i absolutely love when he arrows shots in like that--like he did vs. Sevilla and Real and yesterday this season. Those finishes 'look' simple, but the ease with which he hits them only indicates a level of technical mastery few players can even dream of

Home of Barca Fans