10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Pedro

La Masia
It's been a strange world cup most of the top teams and top players are out, Neymar with a strong Brazil team who were favourties just going crashing out against Belgium, so it's not just Leo

Donatello

Ronaldo might be rubbish next season though. Very few players perform great at the age of 34. Huge risk for Juve. I dont understand why they'd do it. Wage seems insane as well.

Lucky for us, there are not that many great players available, not that many great players anywhere really, so RM will find it hard to spend smart.

Ronaldo is very very smart to choose Seria A, and on top of that he's going to Juve, who do have a big club mentality.

Remember, Seria is the league were oldies like totti and Buffon were/are dominant even when they turned 40.

Ronaldo is 33 and he's fitter than ever. I can see him replicating Totti. He can easily play at top level for Juve for at least 5 years.

RMU ReBorn

What exactly are you saying here? That ronaldo cant win CL without WC players? Of course, neither can messi

Meessi have 3 CL-s, while ronaldo have 5, 3 in a row, thats quite a difference, let alone goal stats in.K.O. stages, and messi didnt played with average players also
when did i said Messi alone can make the difference you fucking idiot . ? I was replying to that particular post in which he said that Messi fans can't say anything if Penaldo wins a Cl with juve as if he won all the Cl's with henderson , Milner , Bullard , Fellaini in the team . Messi has won 4 Cl's for your kind info . Incase if you want to exclude that because he didn't played in final, Ronaldo shouldn't get a single credit for portugal 's euro win . Ronaldo can't win trophys without great players , so does Messi .

Last edited:

Flavius

Did Messi had any interviews after WC exit? Nothing on social media..he.s quiet. Understandable, but I was curious if he said anything...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Did Messi had any interviews after WC exit? Nothing on social media..he.s quiet. Understandable, but I was curious if he said anything...
No, only video of him arriving back in Barcelona looking pissed as fuck so far. Very quiet, but should expect something soon. Vacation pictures etc. on his and/or Antonella’s Instagram is a likely bet.

Horatio

You're welcome
Is it then allowed to assume that he continues for Argentina NT?

Ofcourse he won't quit. His retirement announcement was just an emotional ad hoc reaction to them losing out in the final. He knows his value to the team.
He probably had low expectations for this WC anyway and thus he wasn't as saddened by them getting knocked out.

Pedro

La Masia
Neymar being out of world cup now means that unfortunately for Leo, Ronaldo will win his 6th ballon d'or this year to overtake him...

sickstar

If Belgia win WC, it could be Kevin de bruyne's, imo. He's the PFA player of the year (or should be), remember. And MC has enough local silverware to support him.

If England win it, Harry Kane could enter the final three, but it still needs a miracle for him grabbing the title from Messi or Ronaldo. Even entering top three is already an achievement since Tottenham is nothing in EPL and he wasn't last year top scorer.

If Croatia win it, Modrid is a serious contender for top three, but again, it will depend on many things in order to grab that ballon. Not going to be easy.

If France win it, no, it's not Mbappe's time yet. And I doubt even Griezmann's. Definitely no for Pogba. Simply back to cristiano or Messi or (insert random player here) and the winner goes to the first two. Or maybe Griezmann will take the third slot, but that's it.

Ronaldo was the top scorer and champion but flopped during the semifinal and final and Madrid got lucky in the quarter. It wasn't a smooth UCL for Madrid with a lot of decision issues and Ramos issues, too. And he and Madrid was a mess in league last year.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans