10 - Lionel Messi - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilS

do Barca fans feel he will move to england in the future? Sure he wont leave this or next year, but is it possible he will leave in the future because of boredoom and to try something else?

lets be honest , every footballer wants different experience, u only live 1 time. Schweinsteiger also moved who was trough and trough bayern

Not Messi. The earliest when he might leave would be after he starts getting too old, and does not feel he can still contribute to Barca up to his standards. This is not even on the horizon yet.

Messi plays for Barca for love. Sure, they give him a new contract almost every year to keep him the world's best paid player, Messi does like to get paid. But what Messi remembers is that Barca got him the medical treatment he needed when he was a kid. The team helped him grow up and become the player that he is. The team has been shaped to maximize Messi's impact. Messi truly enjoys the team's style and the skill of his teammates. The club brought in Neymar and Suarez, and kept Alves, there is no place Messi would rather be.

King Leo

Banned
Alex Morgan, a forward for the United States' Women's National Team, and Christine Sinclair, the captain of Canada's Women's National Team will will share the cover of 'FIFA 16' with Lionel Messi. Game is due out in September

xXKonan

She's also a Barcelona Fan.

MD_20141115_MAS_DEPORTE_D_54419916051-652x492@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

600full-alex-morgan.jpg

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

lessthanjake

Messi surely was paid to go to Gabon. A "promise made years ago to visit Gabon" is a pretty weak explanation, and Messi has no actual ties to the country. And OF COURSE the Gabon government denied it; they'd obviously not want it to seem like they had to pay him to show up. But they surely did.

I'm not sure why it matters though. Why shouldn't he get paid to schlep to Gabon while on holiday to do something that raises the profile of Gabon? I don't see the problem. I wouldn't do that for free if I were him.

Paid or not, I think the bigger controversy is just that Gabon is not exactly the best regarding human rights, and Messi's visit could be seen as supporting their current regime. I think that criticism is a bit of a stretch, but perhaps Messi should think about the political implications of this stuff a little bit more.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
"Messi was surely paid"

I guess you got the transaction details? Yes? No? You don't? Okay.

Messi makes 20m net in salary from us and quite a lot in endorsements. 3.5m is peanuts for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans