10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

Messi will probably not play the ARG friendly against SLV tomorrow. He has foot discomfort and has been training individually. [ole]

Yeah, good. Do NOT risk anything for a friendly.

L

linetty

CBHymqNUgAExPDV.jpg

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I've lived in 4 countries in my life so far, and none of them have ever qualified for a World Cup. Yet, it is by far the biggest, most popular and most prestigious football prize in those countries. The World Cup may be slightly below the Champions League in football quality but prestige doesn't necessarily have to be proportional to the quality of the football.

Messi: I would give up all my titles to win the World Cup

Bale's World Cup Dream

This is a moot point. Every Champions League team winner this past decade (arguably Barca in 2011 and Bayern in 2013) has needed some sort of luck to win, despite being stacked from back to front. Certainly not significantly less than World Cup winners by any measure.

Again, an irrelevant point because prestige is defined by players, media, viewers and history.

Its not about the quality of the teams in the WC but about who gets to play. Imagine if Messi, Pele, etc played for a country that couldn't even qualify for the WC, would that mean that they weren't great players? Yes WC may be the most presitgious trophy in football but it is in no way a fair measure to call a player good or bad

pattegrisen

Its not about the quality of the teams in the WC but about who gets to play. Imagine if Messi, Pele, etc played for a country that couldn't even qualify for the WC, would that mean that they weren't great players? Yes WC may be the most presitgious trophy in football but it is in no way a fair measure to call a player good or bad

Yes alot of people cant understand that it is a teamsport . In sweden the barca hate is pretty strong and many people say that messi cant be the best of all time unless he wins a world cup. But then i always say that with that argument Zlatan never can be on the same level as Kennet Andersson until he brings Sweden a world cup bronze. Your best place in a world cup that is played every fourth year in a teamsport cannot be the deceding part of how good player someone is. For an example luck,injurys,form and bad referees can play an ever bigger part because its a couple of games

Bucky

Penya Member
Yes alot of people cant understand that it is a teamsport . 1* In sweden the barca hate is pretty strong and 2* many people say that messi cant be the best of all time unless he wins a world cup...

At point 1, bit of a generalisation don't you think? Especially when there's 3 Penya's in Sweden which then leads on to point 2; there are a lot of "haters" around the World who say exactly the same thing, not just in Sweden.

Stupid things like "Messi can only be the best if he wins the WC" or/and "Messi can only be the best if he wins something in another league".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans