10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo_FCB

Im sure Leo was anxious as hell at this time, so he didnt see the kid at all...He was chewing a gum too, probably for his vomiting issue..

Die Bayern

Is it you, Ruht my friend?

I knew it, from a long time ago. :beer2:

Good to see you posting here!
I've been exposed! :blush: To be honest, I don't know why I didn't go for that nickname. Wasn't really thinking when I made the account I guess.

Nice goal. Not as good as articles are screaming out but definitely a very good goal. Loved the finish. Hope he can lead Argentina far in, but the team is pretty average, not sure how far they can go.

My sentiments exactly. I don't feel they can go as far as to win it, somehow the team does not convince me. Apart from the attack that is. Anyways, deflection or not it was still a good finish for the goal.

Madness

I just had a glimpse of the kid in the future...

tumblr_n087nsMXGq1toamj8o2_r1_500.gif

Last edited:

Messi_Goal

The formation of 5 at the back was/is a stupid idea when a team is full of world class forwards 1st half irrelevant.
2nd half Messi ran the show and scored a great goal, Hopefully is ankle is ok he burst in to a sprint afterwards and he looked fine.

impeh

Hi, its me..
certainly looked more like himself towards the end, the whole team looked better after the formation switch.

AURELIUS

Zabaleta is a fullback, not a wingback. He lacks the speed and ball control to be a wingback. For City he is a pure fullback that bombs forward and then returns. Rojo is even less apt for a wingback role than Zabaleta.

That formation was not a 3-5-2, it was a downright 5-3-2 without a proper linkup between the defense and the offense. It wasn't very good. I've only remember seen Argentina play this type of formation against Bolivia in La Paz in the high altitude. They went there just looking not to lose.

Zabaleta has played wingback before with comfort. Lacks the speed and ball control ? Laughable.

It was a 3-5-2. I don't know what you are trying to justify here. Rojo and Zab were pushed up high and never used properly or played in. And Argentina used this formation with success in Chile and Colombia. Although in the latter all three midfielders were defensively minded and causing real issues in isolating Higgy and Messi upfront. Guinazu, Brana and Masche were being used with Guinazu then being removed at half time for Aguero and Masche shuffled further forward.

LeeRomeno

I have a question to all those who went nuts after first half, do you act like that in real life as well? Lets say you go to shop, you want to buy a specific brand of alcohol, but its sold out. You totally freak out and trash the store because of that. Instead of thinking and actually noticing that store next to it sells it as well? What is it with the premature ejaculation guys? Learn to control you emotions and speak when its time to speak.
Messis first half was not great, but making conclusions that he is finished and he should be sold and he will never be good again are just ridiculous. Second half he was shining and looked really good. My money is for Argentina to win WC, once they get over initial stress, they just have most talented squad available and even goalkeeper did some good saves.

AURELIUS

I have a question to all those who went nuts after first half, do you act like that in real life as well? Lets say you go to shop, you want to buy a specific brand of alcohol, but its sold out. You totally freak out and trash the store because of that. Instead of thinking and actually noticing that store next to it sells it as well? What is it with the premature ejaculation guys? Learn to control you emotions and speak when its time to speak.
Messis first half was not great, but making conclusions that he is finished and he should be sold and he will never be good again are just ridiculous. Second half he was shining and looked really good. My money is for Argentina to win WC, once they get over initial stress, they just have most talented squad available and even goalkeeper did some good saves.

Football fans are fickle but they appear to be getting worse in that regard. Maybe they are young and reactionary in the extreme but most of what they write is ill informed, lacks substance and nonsense.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
+1 :beer2:

Leo10

0aS7ULS.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans