10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Goat

2373299_big-lnd.jpg

2373298_big-lnd.jpg

Keep on trying Leo. As long as you put your mind to it, you are No.1.

footyfan

Calma, calma
As great as the goal was does anyone think it's technically an own goal? I don't expect it to be overturned but there might be slight contact off the defenders leg, its very hard to see though and almost impossible to know whether it would have gone in without the contact... if there was indeed any to begin with.

There was definitely contact. There wasn't too much lateral movement but I think it would've hit the post and bounced back out. So yeah should be an own goal by strict definition.

Kerrybai

I don't think so. I remember looking at the replay from different angles and none of them showed the ball touching the legs of any BIH defenders?

The last defneder gets a touch on it as it flies past him, but it doesn't look enough to change the flight path of the ball.

It was deflected indeed. Saw that on a late replay.
That is still no own goal.

If it changes the direction of the ball from going wide to going in then I think that would be an own goal... looks like the path of the ball is fairly constant though, still maybe enough to make it an own goal but no amount of replays will get it over turned as its too dubious. HOPEFULLY!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If it changes the direction of the ball from going wide to going in then I think that would be an own goal... looks like the path of the ball is fairly constant though, still maybe enough to make it an own goal but no amount of replays will get it over turned as its too dubious. HOPEFULLY!

This. One could even argue that touching the legs of a BIH defender might have even affected the flight path in a more wayward way, meaning if it hadn't touch the legs of that defender the ball wouldn't have hit the post, it would have gone in directly. :p

Hmm, I still don't see the contact, for some reason.

Die Bayern

Very good goal, chuffed that he scored and I hope he goes on to have a great tournament. Even if they don't win it I just want him to shut most people up as I'm sick of the discussion that he can't do it with Argentina.

And I love their kits, look lovely.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
For me the deflection affected the trajectory more vertically then it did horizontally. I've watched the goal a few times now and it looks like the only change was the ball bouncing vertically by a small amount.

Either way, there is no way anyone can conclusively say the deflection was the cause for the goal, so I don't see how they could justify calling it an own goal. His goal is safe IMO.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very good goal, chuffed that he scored and I hope he goes on to have a great tournament. Even if they don't win it I just want him to shut most people up as I'm sick of the discussion that he can't do it with Argentina.

And I love their kits, look lovely.

Is it you, Ruht my friend?

I knew it, from a long time ago. :beer2:

Good to see you posting here!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Can those of you who saw the contact post a video clip or a GIF of the alleged contact so I can take a good look? Much appreciated.

Kerrybai

Can those of you who saw the contact post a video clip or a GIF of the alleged contact so I can take a good look? Much appreciated.

[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/ABDFFA14C21090101329277632512_20ade714300.0.4.1590 4099536427442046.mp4?versionId=bv2OkkKbeTW0TqvCHoF 44xXtsG9euw2T[/video]

Last defender.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
[video]https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/ABDFFA14C21090101329277632512_20ade714300.0.4.1590 4099536427442046.mp4?versionId=bv2OkkKbeTW0TqvCHoF 44xXtsG9euw2T[/video]

Last defender.

Thanks Kerry. It looked like the ball chipped the leg of that last defender, and to your point it did not affect the flight path of the ball.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nice goal. Not as good as articles are screaming out but definitely a very good goal. Loved the finish. Hope he can lead Argentina far in, but the team is pretty average, not sure how far they can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans