10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

It's simple. Level of motivation is much lower then couple of years ago. It's a natural process after all these years, one simply cannot force himself to be more motivated.
I noticed how he gets frustrated on the field. The reason is that he wants to do more with less effort caused by the lack of motivation. It's impossible, so he gets even more frustrated...
I don't quite see how can he get over that...maybe the downfall of Barca will help. Who knows...nevertheless, he's still by far the best ever and I don't think I'll see another one like him soon.

footyfan

Calma, calma
7:15 That's the tiki-taka I miss. We've seen it twice this season, vs Sociedad for that epic move and vs Valencia for Messi's chance at 90th.

[video=vimeo;91810153]http://vimeo.com/91810153[/video]

klc123

It's simple. Level of motivation is much lower then couple of years ago. It's a natural process after all these years, one simply cannot force himself to be more motivated.
I noticed how he gets frustrated on the field. The reason is that he wants to do more with less effort caused by the lack of motivation. It's impossible, so he gets even more frustrated...
I don't quite see how can he get over that...maybe the downfall of Barca will help. Who knows...nevertheless, he's still by far the best ever and I don't think I'll see another one like him soon.

He's just lost his title as best player in the world this year, he hasn't won the champions league since 2011. I don't think motivation is a problem, if it was then why was he in such sensational form last year? And why is it coincidently that after his double injuries, that he isn't putting as much effort in? In my opinion it's clear he is saving himself for the World Cup. This could be his best chance to win the World Cup, he's the age maradona was when he won it. I'm not saying it's right, or a good excuse, but for me it's pretty plain to see.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's just lost his title as best player in the world this year, he hasn't won the champions league since 2011. I don't think motivation is a problem, if it was then why was he in such sensational form last year? And why is it coincidently that after his double injuries, that he isn't putting as much effort in? In my opinion it's clear he is saving himself for the World Cup. This could be his best chance to win the World Cup, he's the age maradona was when he won it. I'm not saying it's right, or a good excuse, but for me it's pretty plain to see.

Again, trying to avoid injuries before the WC is one thing, saving/conserving for the WC is another thing, I think people are confusing the two together. The former is very understandable, many players do it. The latter? Exactly how do you save for the WC when it is two months away? Do you even need that long time to save anything? It is not like spurts of energy spent today will not be recovered in time by the time the WC arrives. If anything, I would think players want to get to their best match fitness between now and the WC. Other than trying to avoid injury, Messi not running and trying much now does not help with his match fitness at the WC, I believe.

All in all, I don't think Messi is doing anything other than being more cautious. He is still giving most of what he has got to the club.

klc123

Again, trying to avoid injuries before the WC is one thing, saving/conserving for the WC is another thing, I think people are confusing the two together. The former is very understandable, many players do it. The latter? Exactly how do you save for the WC when it is two months away? Do you even need that long time to save anything? It is not like spurts of energy spent today will not be recovered in time by the time the WC arrives. If anything, I would think players want to get to their best match fitness between now and the WC. Other than trying to avoid injury, Messi not running and trying much now does not help with his match fitness at the WC, I believe.

All in all, I don't think Messi is doing anything other than being more cautious. He is still giving most of what he has got to the club.

Sorry for the confusion, but by saving himself I meant that he was saving himself from injury/any knocks that he might pick up between now and the end of the season by not putting as much effort in. You also have to account for mental tiredness, it's hard to play your best every game through a season, nevermind at an international tournament afterwards.

DinhoR10

7:15 That's the tiki-taka I miss. We've seen it twice this season, vs Sociedad for that epic move and vs Valencia for Messi's chance at 90th.

[video=vimeo;91810153]http://vimeo.com/91810153[/video]

His top speed seems to be the same but he just doesnt run as much as he used to :(

Egert

Estonian Culé
Kluivert : "Messi cannot do everything."
Kluivert: "I cannot explain what is happening in FC Barcelona. It is certainly not Leo Messi though. He is the best. But he can't carry a whole team."

Pepe Silvia

Messi's 'do what i want' attitude is part of the problem, but clearly there are bigger issues to fix, like the board and coach. We've spiraled into a tail spin and honestly if it were to mean we get a vote of no confidence and a new board, I'd take a thrashing by Madrid to get it.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Where do people get this "Messi doesn't care" idea from? Because he had a bad performance against Atlético and supposedly Granada? Because if so this whole discussions looks a bit like a meltdown overreaction.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Where do people get this "Messi doesn't care idea" from? Because he had a bad performance against Atlético and supposedly Granada? Because if so this whole discussions looks a bit like a meltdown overreaction.

Wishful thinking...nothing more.

AURELIUS

I'm not from Argentina so I really don't give a shit about him winning the World Cup. What I want him is to perform and save our asses when we need him. We didn't see that this season.

What you think is irrelevant and particularly insulting to a player who has given so much for the club. Remember the furore in 2008 regarding the Olympics ? You may not care but a certain Lionel does and cares deeply.

Particularly after what happened in 2010.

AURELIUS

Look at Neymar, Atletico team, Liverpool team etc. working hard. Such idiots they are not thinking of the world cup and actually caring for the money paying fans and club.

They have not won everything there is on offer to them. Messi has aside from the World Cup and Copa America. The reactions of some fans, their comments shows the fickleness of the modern fan. With friends like these who needs enemies ?

Leo10

Neymar has been trying hard all season.

Trying hard to stay on his feet maybe.

You are comparing the motivation of a player that has done nothing to this club and is trying to justify a ridiculous price tag to the clubs all-time greatest who has seen and won it all.

Like comparing a 16 year old virgin to a brothel owner that is married to a supermodel.

There shouldn't be any comparison between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans