10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Did not receive a usefull ball the entire game, he has no space to do his things cause our tactics are way of. I can understand the criticism for him not running as much as the others but it has been this for years, I don't get why this is such a big deal all of a sudden. Barcafans looking for someone to blame ? I blame Tata for picking the wrong tactics and the board for the lack of centre backs and a worthy back-up goalkeeper.

Pretty much. Not everyone has realized yet the whole team is suffering from tata's "tactics".

Gamegod

So true since Tata's system is basically pass to wing and then cross it in or do sth :)tata1: : "how should I know what to do"). He just doesn't get the ball as much as he used to. I think that is one main problem for him. He needs to get the ball back!

How do you wanna give him the ball when he doesnt make himself available?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Who's saying he doesn't? But it's a collective failure. A huge one. The team crumbled hard. Everyone. Messi gets so much hate now because he accostumed people to abil Barça out even when everyone else was bad. But that's hard to do now that he is not the focal point of attack. And also, the team is the worse it's been in a long time. Not to mention all the off the field issues.

And now the "he's playing bad on purpose to get sold" shouts started... As if the team was great and he was sucking alone. It's isn't easy being Messi, not even with all the money he has.

Oh ok, it seemed to me like you were getting him off the hook... :beer2:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

What is he supposed to do? Run like a horse? Try to make runs? Neymar already does that and he is ignored because we got to pass sideways to Alves so he can try his useless crosses. Got more chance of winning a lottery than Dani getting one right.

Andrew M

People want us to start a new cycle, but Messi is representative of this cycle, just as Ronnie was of the old one that ended in 2008.

F

Flavia

Oh ok, it seemed to me like you were getting him off the hook... :beer2:

No, I love him, but I'm not blind. He was poor. But the whole team is, right now. No exceptions. Some might be running more, but to no avail. Nothing effective happens anymore.

Hellsangel

The game totally passes by him. When we lose the ball he drops back at a pace which can only be described as somewhere between slowly jogging and walking. He's unreachable now because he's 15 meters offside. Then when we recover the ball he keeps on dropping down while the whole game moves upwards from our point of view. The CM's ran back first but are by now already in a higher position than Messi. Impossible to influence the game from this position. If we then lose the ball again and Messi's in the center of the park, we might be better of placing a cartboard box there.

There is no off the ball movement what so ever. Sometimes all he needs to do is run 3-4 meters to make himself available, position his body better. He doesn't do it. When he gets the ball he's almost always with his back to their goal. It's a lot more difficult to make actions that way. That's the main reason why he has so much trouble getting past players these days. Messi has to turn and that gives time to the defender to make a challenge. I've noticed our players are stopping giving him the ball when he's under pressure because they know he's not in a good position and that a turnover migth be deadly.

Total lack of commitment, stamina, good will, determination, heart, passion.. whatever you may call it. I say appaling attitude, even if he's "saving himself for the world cup". If that's so, that's not only disrespectful to barcelona, but also incredibly stupid because form doesn't come without work.

I'm really eager to see how he does next year...

dakt

I don't know what to think anymore about him. Can blame bad tactic but then again, I didn't see him asking for ball...could be...I don't know....maybe just another bad day in a row???
So, I won't talk about individuals anymore but will state firmly that Barca is sinking...deep depression is in Barca and looks like we need Ronaldhino spirit again.

F

Flavia

I don't know what to think anymore about him. Can blame bad tactic but then again, I didn't see him asking for ball...could be...I don't know....maybe just another bad day in a row???
So, I won't talk about individuals anymore but will state firmly that Barca is sinking...deep depression is in Barca and looks like we need Ronaldhino spirit again.

I saw him asking for the ball many times. In most he didn't get it.

BarcaVillain

Absolutely. The number of times the ball goes out to the wing and the winger runs at the full back, looking for options, you see Messi stood motionless between the centre half and midfielder. When he gets on the ball, more often than not he's brilliant and makes things happen.

The best player to have played the game can't influence a match if he doesn't move into or create space. I don't like to criticise him. as I've said before, he has more than enough credit in the bank. Its just when every other player in the world loses form, they compensate by trying harder. Every player in the world wants to play in the World Cup, so I won't buy this 'taking it easy arguement'. Barca don't pay him £300,000 a week to think about playing for Argentina.

Gamegod

What is he supposed to do? Run like a horse? Try to make runs? Neymar already does that and he is ignored because we got to pass sideways to Alves so he can try his useless crosses. Got more chance of winning a lottery than Dani getting one right.

Yea and look how much more often neymar has the ball, of course its also cuz there is more space outside but still..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans