10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cAllisTo

Just let Suarez take the penalties, his penalties are very good and hard to save like those of vidal and lampard

Seems you have no clue about Suarez :) Suarez didnt take any penalties when he scored 49 Goal in one season in Ajax, Not in Liverpool even when Gerard wasnt in the pitch, Not in uruguay even Forlan be or not in the pitch. So while he didnt do any penalties how should his penalties is good?

:VdB:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
B_qXkwZW8AA4wqy.png

This is one record Leo will never get simply because modern football doesn't allow him too. Unless he plays till he is 37-40 and racks up on goals every season somehow. To be honest I do see Leo playing in a Pirlo/Totti role if he is older. His technical abilities won't let him down no matter what age.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think it is safe to say leo is playing the game with passion again. Many times last year he seemed tired and uninterested. But now he has the hunger he used to have in pep time. The reactions after every miss just shows how much he wants to win again. I hope the hunger stays like that, he is unplayable right now. Even in his not so good games he is scoring many goals.

Alik

This is one record Leo will never get simply because modern football doesn't allow him too. Unless he plays till he is 37-40 and racks up on goals every season somehow. To be honest I do see Leo playing in a Pirlo/Totti role if he is older. His technical abilities won't let him down no matter what age.

I can see Messi getting it. It's goals in all competitions. If he scores at a rate of 46 goals per season, he'll be there in 3 seasons. Give him 4 seasons, and him scoring 35 goals a season, it's very possible. That's not even counting the fact that the current season isn't over.

edit: Oh, unless you mean Pele's record. I'm looking at the European record.

NotInHere

That doesn't exist, but I give more credit to the artist that makes them rather than an individual that carries them. No one in here really knows Leo so we should careless, its the ones that are close to him that should judge him.

Kerrybai

Seems you have no clue about Suarez :) Suarez didnt take any penalties when he scored 49 Goal in one season in Ajax, Not in Liverpool even when Gerard wasnt in the pitch, Not in uruguay even Forlan be or not in the pitch. So while he didnt do any penalties how should his penalties is good?

Suarez scored plenty of penalties at Ajax, so seems you are the one whom has no clue.

:VdB:

Wait you don't think he can reach 534? He only needs 139. Say he gets 19 more this season, that means he needs 120. So 60 next season and 60 the season after, or if the goals begin to dry up then 40 over the next 3 season?

The question here is will he get to Pele's number of 643? Pele's total including his time in the US and with Brazil is 757, that may be just too far for Messi though.

JamDav1982

Its not just the era its also the teams that were in the league.

The equivilant would be if we played in the Catalan league.

I am sure I read a thing saying the regional leagues in Brazil were considered a better standard than majority of the european leagues at time.

Would need to try and find the article.

Kerrybai

Its not just the era its also the teams that were in the league.

The equivilant would be if we played in the Catalan league.

To be fair Pele proved himself against European teams too. What Messi is doing is more impressive but we don't have to shit all over Pele just to prove how good Messi is.

khaled_a_d

To be fair Pele proved himself against European teams too. What Messi is doing is more impressive but we don't have to shit all over Pele just to prove how good Messi is.

Pele is a true legend of the game .what he achieved and how he played will be always remarkable .he was actually ahead of his generation
That said his numbers was a bit inflated .this 1200+ goals was a myth .the guy counted hundreds of goals that shouldn't count . other than that he is obviously one of the best who proven himself against every level he faced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans