10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafals

Those 40-50 meter long balls. Messi has done them as well, but not nearly as much as Fabregas..

It is much easier to perform a long-range through ball in the Premier League due to the ridiculous amount of space on the pitch. Those clips have nothing to do with their current situation.

CesDel

Well, Messi used to play pretty deep for Argentina(most of us criticized the Argentinean coach for playing Messi so deep) and yet most of his great passes were throughballs.

CesDel

Passing range, yes it does, variety maybe not. But I did not say that he had a bigger variety just becuase of them.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the nature of both leagues. For example, you just need to see Real Madrid play and you will see Xabi Alonso make those passes every game. So if anything it has more to do with the style of the teams..

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Passing range, yes it does, variety maybe not. But I did not say that he had a bigger variety just becuase of them.
No it doesn't, if other does them as well, the range is similar. Fabregas haven't done those team cutting ground balls past four rows of people, so as we have it based on this, Messi's range/variety is bigger.

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Speak of the devil

Messi%20assist%20Fabregas.gif

CesDel

No it doesn't, if other does them as well, the range is similar. Fabregas haven't done those team cutting ground balls, so as we have it based on this, Messi's range/variety is bigger.

But if one does it once while the other does it a million time(exageration), then who's got the better passing range?

And regarding those passes that you mentioned, I do belive that Messi is better at them, and probably by a big margin, but IMO Fabregas is probably better at them than Messi is at making those long balls or atleast more consistent..

---

And that was the pass that I was thinking about when I said that Messi has done them but just not as much as Fabregas. Another example could be either of those 2 passes against Vålerenga. But those passes doesn't mean that he is as good as Fabregas is when it comes to long balls, otherwise I could say that Fabregas is just as good as Messi is at those ground passes just because of this great pass..

..which is simply not true..

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Some outside foot passing, short lob, long pass and 30m through ball in 90 degree angle between 4 players

Messi%20assists%20Keita.gif

Messi%20assist%20Sanchez.gif

Messi%20assists%20Aguero.gif

Fabregas?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Fabregas is the best chipped through passer in the world. Messi is the best ground through ball passer.

J

jiopi

Some high pressure through balls after dribbling everything

Messi%20assist%20Di%20Maria.gif

Messi%20dribble%20pass%20CDR%20Real%20Madrid.gif

Backheel panna through ball

Messi%20backheel%20panna%20pass%20Xerez.gif

Fabregas?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's a dumb statement. He can still do it and does when the wingers actually make a run. Even his ground through passes are among the top 5 players in the world.

I know it's cool to hate Cesc here but saying he can't do through passes is like saying Ronaldo can't take long shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans