10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafals

Well talent is given by GOD, that's luck.
But Ronaldo was given a great opportunity too, he's much more bigger than Messi, but both had to train hard to become great players like today, I personally think Messi trains even harder than Ronaldo, it's just he doesn't shows off.
I agree, still all those arguments about Ronaldo being the hard-working one are overused and not fair towards Messi even if he's still considered to be the better one overall. Messi is not only an extraordinary footballer in pretty much every aspect, but also a true professional and a true athlete. He is the greatest of all time and yet it's not enough for him, he works hard as if he knew that there might be some talent ready to surpass him. What a blessing he is for Barca.

Jadentheman

That's cool for me. I thought this was Catholic central due to the players being. Catholic except for 11JR he is evangelical. The worst kind.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Der Kaiser

That's cool for me. I thought this was Catholic central due to the players being. Catholic except for 11JR he is evangelical. The worst kind.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Umm... I dont like/dislike players because of their religion and neither does anybody else here I think, if thats what you mean.

But were getting off topic and religion on the internet always ends bad so lets leave it.

Well talent is given by GOD, that's luck.
But Ronaldo was given a great opportunity too, he's much more bigger than Messi, but both had to train hard to become great players like today, I personally think Messi trains even harder than Ronaldo, it's just he doesn't shows off.

Height works both ways. Yes, being tall is good if you want to able to head the ball against tall defender, but being tall prevents you dominating other aspects of the game. Shorter people have greater balance. They won't fall down as easily and they are also able to make quick turns more easily.

Both tall and short people have advantages and disadvantages.

This is what I believe.

Talent + hard work = the best possible

Talent - hard work = great but not the best

No talent ( or little) + hard work = great but not the best

The question is, then, has Cristiano achieved the same level ( or close ) simply due to Hard work?
I think talent must be included.

Maybe, there are things at which Cristiano must work hard; whereas for Messi they come more natural. And, maybe, there are things that come more natural to Cristiano while Messi must work harder at them.

Only thing for sure? They are both geniuses of their time.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think these people are saying that Messi achieved everything by luck. They probably think that Messi's succes is mostly based on talent while Cristiano's might be mostly based on a lot of hard work.

Someone wrote this, I wonder how you guys would respond?

Bottom line is that I think that Messi is hands down the best player in the world but he is being overhyped also by his own club by making tactics to make an entire team revolve around him which is in big part the reason why the ballon d'or is basically his trophy since he has all the favourable conditions for him to get the best possible individual stats to give him a huge edge on that particular trophy. I really do think that if any other great overall attacker was in Messi's position, they could get incredible results, maybe not as good as Messi but not too far from it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think those people who claim C. Ronaldo works harder than Messi drew their conclusion probably because they saw CR7 was running all over the place on the pitch, constantly vying for action while Messi spent most of the game walking.

raskolnikov

I think those people who claim C. Ronaldo works harder than Messi drew their conclusion probably because they saw CR7 was running all over the place on the pitch, constantly vying for action while Messi spent most of the game walking.
Its because of that documentary and people always saying he works out longer than the rest.
Pavel Nedved also was a workout freak but he gets less credit for it for example.
Cristiano obviously has talent though, people sometimes act if he he has no talent and only works hard, he is no Dirk Kuyt, his talent was obvious from an early age as most top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans