10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrus

For those who want to know why the poster above me called him the man dog:

(turn on the caption)
Forget the footage, Concentrate on the words.

Garrus

Hopefully not like the last time. Don't mistake Athletic for Bayern- they aren't going to be so easily walked through. At the very least, they'll hack him.

To be fair, Back in san siro, Milan's defense seemed like juventus and mexes looked like maldini, And we all know how that turned out in camp nou.
Put a striker in front of him, And just sit down and enjoy the magic show.

Yannick03

For those who want to know why the poster above me called him the man dog:

(turn on the caption)
Forget the footage, Concentrate on the words.

Wow haven't seen that one yet but probably one of the best on youtube. And he makes sense actually, my dog is the same as Messi, he would rather drop dead than losing his ball. :lol:
Later when we're old, we can tell we lived in the era of the great Lionel Messi, the best player ever.

Carilho

Hopefully not like the last time. Don't mistake Athletic for Bayern- they aren't going to be so easily walked through. At the very least, they'll hack him.

This video hurts a lot.

They just went into every single tackle with so much dedication while our players looked tired and listless.

I am also really appalled from the lack of link-up in our attack. It's like this team is playing together for the second time. We had a really, really bad game at the Allianz Arena.

R

rivaldo10

we only played bad because messi was not fit and if he dosent pefrom its game over

its all titos fault

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yes. This team is nothing without Messi. I was going to say that the game yesterday against Athletic Bilbao was the worst La Liga match this season, simply because it was, but it all changed when Messi was subbed on. Then we suddenly looked dangerous again and Messi even managed to turn around the match by scoring a goal and by giving an assist. We had the win in our pocket, until our unbelievably horrible defence managed to fuck it all up again.

No. Barca is still a very good team without messi, CL KO standard. And this season has been very complicated due to many reasons. Of course looking back on the past month, we were bad without Messi, and he's had even more impact than usual, but you gotta look at the bigger picture here, which is that bar Messi, the team is on its worst form since Guardiola came in

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
To be fair, Back in san siro, Milan's defense seemed like juventus and mexes looked like maldini, And we all know how that turned out in camp nou.
Put a striker in front of him, And just sit down and enjoy the magic show.

That's the thing. No matter how hopeless things look right now, playing Villa as a #9 to occupy defenders could completely change the look of things. If they use this tactic, then we'll see Messi in his best position/role. The only thing left to see is how Messi plays that day and if his fire burns, then he can propel the team to what would likely be a historical comeback.

It's not even close to a high chance of happening. More of a fantasy right now. It's just that sheer possibility that makes me excited for this return leg. It depends on the other players as well though. It can't just be Messi running rampant over Bayern while the rest of the team has already given up and are just sitting back.

Indignado

Yes. This team is nothing without Messi. I was going to say that the game yesterday against Athletic Bilbao was the worst La Liga match this season, simply because it was, but it all changed when Messi was subbed on. Then we suddenly looked dangerous again and Messi even managed to turn around the match by scoring a goal and by giving an assist. We had the win in our pocket, until our unbelievably horrible defence managed to fuck it all up again.

If our management got the tactics right, knew how to motivate the players and put the right players in the right positions, we would still be by far the best team without him. The thing is that we depend on him too much, the system is not subject to a playing style but subject to Messi, so our players have no clue what to do when he's not on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans