Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

haha

revealed all the
in this style
imager.php

gingerless

the thing about his team mates, i don't see him as a senile bitter selfish asshole now, i see him as just a plain bitter and selfish asshole

Pepe Silvia

Understandable that Messi breaking the record for most Europe goals in single season is taking front page news, but also consider that he has broken the La Liga record for most goals in a single season with 46. That is also very big news.

1. Lionel Messi - 46 goals 2011/2012
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - 44 goals 2011/2012
3. Cristiano Ronaldo - 40 goals 2010/2011
4. Telmo Zarra - 38 goals 1950/1951
4. Hugo Sanchez - 38 goals 1989/1990

Every goal added in the next few games for Messi not only breaks Europe records but La Liga for a single season. All the more reasons to tune in and support the little magician.

Just mind-boggling stuff.

Ender

I had forgotten about a bunch of his early season goals. Delightful runs through the opposition defense like osmosis. Back in the good old days when teams didn't park the bus every week.

Kerrybai

Understandable that Messi breaking the record for most Europe goals in single season is taking front page news, but also consider that he has broken the La Liga record for most goals in a single season with 46. That is also very big news.

1. Lionel Messi - 46 goals 2011/2012
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - 44 goals 2011/2012
3. Cristiano Ronaldo - 40 goals 2010/2011
4. Telmo Zarra - 38 goals 1950/1951
4. Hugo Sanchez - 38 goals 1989/1990

Every goal added in the next few games for Messi not only breaks Europe records but La Liga for a single season. All the more reasons to tune in and support the little magician.

Just mind-boggling stuff.

I hope the team goes all out to help his goal tally as I know Madrid will be doing the very same for CR7.

Kerrybai

I wonder does Pele count this in his goal tally.

I dont want to belittle his amazing achievements but perspective is important. Iv'e taken this info from another forum.

Most of Peles offical goals were scored in the Sao Paulo state league.
*Pelé's career record in the Paulista (state championship of São Paulo): 412 apps, 470 goals (1.14 gpg). Mythical.
*Pelé's career record in inter-state/national championships (against the top teams of his own and other states): 193 apps, 119 goals (0.62 gpg). Impressive, but mortal.

His Copa Libertadores record is quite impressive as well (15 apps, 17 goals)

Internationally 77 goals. Amazing.

This should shed some light on his goalscoring - amazing but not untouchable.

Also Pele needs to quit harping on about his international goals. People simply dont care about internationals like they used to. On tip of that the CL is arguably a better test of football now than the world cup/continental tournaments.

Also quick question. How is the name 'Lionel' pronounced? Here in Ireland we call say Le O Nell :lol: I notice many English commentators doing the same.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

I wonder does Pele count this in his goal tally.

I dont want to belittle his amazing achievements but perspective is important. Iv'e taken this info from another forum.

Most of Peles offical goals were scored in the Sao Paulo state league.
*Pelé's career record in the Paulista (state championship of São Paulo): 412 apps, 470 goals (1.14 gpg). Mythical.
*Pelé's career record in inter-state/national championships (against the top teams of his own and other states): 193 apps, 119 goals (0.62 gpg). Impressive, but mortal.

His Copa Libertadores record is quite impressive as well (15 apps, 17 goals)

Internationally 77 goals. Amazing.

This should shed some light on his goalscoring - amazing but not untouchable.

Also Pele needs to quit harping on about his international goals. People simply dont care about internationals like they used to. On tip of that the CL is arguably a better test of football now than the world cup/continental tournaments.

Also quick question. How is the name 'Lionel' pronounced? Here in Ireland we call say Le O Nell :lol: I notice many English commentators doing the same.

oh please. It doesn't belittle his achievements at all. what other 17 year olds made the impact he did at a world cup. what other 18 year olds score 66 goals in a full season? what league was the whole Brazil World Cup winning team playing in?

Kerrybai

oh please. It doesn't belittle his achievements at all. what other 17 year olds made the impact he did at a world cup. what other 18 year olds score 66 goals in a full season? what league was the whole Brazil World Cup winning team playing in?

He scored 58 goals in 38 apps in the state league which Santos won with a goal difference of 103 plus while 3 other teams had similar scoring statistics. The bottom team however conceded 100 goals.

That year in the inter state competition which involves the best teams from all over the country, and therefore is a much higher level of competition, Pele scored 8 goals in 8 games.

A fantastic goalscorer, but it is clear to see his stats are inflated by the state championship in which the gap between the top and bottom was much greater than it is in current European competition.

Citing his age does not help 'Peles' case as this was his most prolific season, so are we to assume he was in decline once he turned 19? His goal per game ratio of .62 against top competition sheds light on his true goalscoring ability. Pele has brought such scrutiny on himself with his belittling of Messi time and time again, and I expect to hear from him again very soon regarding Messi's latest record scoring season.

P

Patty2720

Does anyone have a list of all the records Messi has broken/equaled this season ? : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans