1 - Victor Valdes

Alik

It wouldn't suck having him around for another year or so for practical reasons, but FCB shouldn't accept this, it's a matter of principle. The timing of his announcement to leave was selfish and bad for the team (observe Tata's style in dealing with such things recently), and the idea to leave itself is kind of weird considering who he is and the club he plays for. Let alone the bullshit he claims he's leaving because of. I'm not denying he's had his share of great performances, but let's face it, Valdes has been the laughing stock of Europe for years. Ask any non-Barca fan what they think of Valdes and I guarantee you that the majority will think he sucks. And then he leaves the club that kept him around and made him who he is, and with a dose of arrogance and talking about being under pressure. Give me a break. His brainfart with DiMaria, for example, cost us a title and I don't even remember him being criticized for it publicly. And now, if these rumors are true, Barcelona is supposed to offer him to stay, after he turns his back like that? No, thanks. Goodbye and don't let the door hit you on your way out. Barcelona lost much more with Abidal leaving, and we're now losing even more with Puyol leaving. We'll do fine without Valdes. It will take some time before the new squad gels together and maybe they'll never again reach the heights of the 2008-2012 team, but it surely won't be because Valdes isn't there.

He announced that he was leaving but he still gave it his all. Had his best season until his injury, and Barca was winning with him in goals. What then does it matter when he announced to leave?

Is he bound to stay at Barca his whole life?

Stric

He announced that he was leaving but he still gave it his all. Had his best season until his injury, and Barca was winning with him in goals. What then does it matter when he announced to leave?

Is he bound to stay at Barca his whole life?

It's disrespectful to the club and his teammates. Why announce it publicly more than a year earlier? It just causes problems. Surely he could have kept it among the club officials and let them know he won't be renewing, but the whole world didn't need to know that Valdes will be leaving, which by the way, probably automatically raised the price of any goalkeeper we were interested in from that point on.

F

Flavia

It's disrespectful to the club and his teammates. Why announce it publicly more than a year earlier? It just causes problems. Surely he could have kept it among the club officials and let them know he won't be renewing, but the whole world didn't need to know that Valdes will be leaving, which by the way, probably automatically raised the price of any goalkeeper we were interested in from that point on.

I think he was pissed at zubi, who said his renewal was well advanced, when it wasn't.

CatalinR10

Bm5Da-gCQAAfSd3.jpg:large

It's disrespectful to the club and his teammates. Why announce it publicly more than a year earlier?
it's just fair, gave Barca time to find a new guy

the injury is bad luck but now the club has chosen Ter Stegen and should stick to it.
Or VV goes to Monaco or somewhere else where he can pick up a few bags of money or he'll be second behind Ter Stegen.

Alik

I'd agree if it actually affected the team performance. It actually seems to have boosted his performance.

Galning

I also don't see how it's disrespectful. Imagine the shit papers would write about Valdés not wanting to renew.

sabby

We all know how Shite is the board. If he didn't announce it in public, he might not have a club at all. And what matters most is his dedication till the last match he played. We could have very well be in 4th position had it not been his immense performance in the 1st half.

anguy

I actually think it is good that he announced it a year before contract end. At least club knew they had to find replacement and not attempt to resign him. Also if he didn't announce it and he would be without renewed contract in winter, there would be never ending speculation about him - Messi secretly hates him, he's unhappy etc. But because he announced it publicly, there was no controversy.

Chong Li

So does this mean he won't be around for an eventual celebration of the league title?

Would be a really sad farewell for such a club legend.

Home of Barca Fans