1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Doubt either Lunin or Nuebel will ever play for their clubs.

Nuebel has been a regular starter for Monaco under Kovac this season, I think and he did OK so far. Unless Bayern finds another German goalkeeper gem/super talent etc., I think it is pretty clear that he will take over when Neuer is gone in a few years.

Nuebel has been a regular starter for Monaco under Kovac this season, I think and he did OK so far. Unless Bayern finds another German goalkeeper gem/super talent etc., I think it is pretty clear that he will take over when Neuer is gone in a few years.
Fortunately, Neuer has a few more years in his tank.

Nuebel ll never be good enough to be Bayern starting material.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Fortunately, Neuer has a few more years in his tank.

Nuebel ll never be good enough to be Bayern starting material.

Because? I thought he was highly rated as the face of the next generation of German keepers.

So who do you think you should get instead? Is Bayern actively looking for one?

Because? I thought he was highly rated as the face of the next generation of German keepers.

So who do you think you should get instead? Is Bayern actively looking for one?
Yes he had a good year 2019, but start of 2020 it went totally downhill for him. His contract was running out, Schalke made him captain and tried everthing to keep him..already rumours to Bayern...

What he has shown since was just terrible, blunder after blunder and the move to Bayern became public then and Schalke needed to stop this disaster and put him on the bench.

At Monaco his performances r totally average too, but the early praise really got into him reading his comments.

I really have no idea who could succeed Neuer one day, as there is absolutely no great young GK in Germany.

Just the thought of losing him one day makes me sad.

Bayern r not searching for a Neuer replacement, but a good backup.

Think they ll get Ortega from Bielefeld on a bosman

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes he had a good year 2019, but start of 2020 it went totally downhill for him. His contract was running out, Schalke made him captain and tried everthing to keep him..already rumours to Bayern...

What he has shown since was just terrible, blunder after blunder and the move to Bayern became public then and Schalke needed to stop this disaster and put him on the bench.

At Monaco his performances r totally average too, but the early praise really got into him reading his comments.

I really have no idea who could succeed Neuer one day, as there is absolutely no great young GK in Germany.

Just the thought of losing him one day makes me sad.

I don't watch Monaco or any Ligue 1 teams but I heard he has been decent. So far this season 26 goals conceded from 25 games in all competitions (compared to Neuer, 24 goals conceded from 22 games in all competitions) is not that bad.

Windhook

4t424e.png

Marshall D Teach

Bench keepers are almost never world class since they never play. Navas and Donnarumma at PSG are a very rare exception and I have no idea how PSG managed to convince Donnarumma to ride the bench.

Ter Stegen/Bravo was also a very weird situation that was not at all the norm. Even Cillessen was a lot better than a bench keeper has any right to be. Pinto is a more realistic expectation of the level of a bench keeper.

Having a guy on the bench lined up to take over the number 1 shirt is a pipe dream.

Even having a world class bench option for every outfield spot is a pipe dream unless you have a bottomless pit of money like City do. For the GK spot where the guy on the bench knows the best he'll ever get is cup games, it's impossible.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
GK is a position where you should only sign a replacement exactly when you need it. Benching a young GK for multiple years is a poor succession plan. They need minutes, to play regularly and ideally week in and out.

olivis

Mats and Frenkie are the embodiment of Barcelona's mentality. Decent players, but weak as a noodle in terms of character.

Neuer and Mats couldn't be more different in terms of mentality. Polar opposites.

Home of Barca Fans