1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Daniele

classic appeal to false authority fallacy. He is regarded one of the top GKs purely on the back of his previous good seasons before 19/20 and the fact that he plays for FC Barcelona. So what if some obscure websites with no authority at all think he is a top GK?

Sorry mate,
I forgot that the only autorithy are the users of this forum

Bobo32

F A# G# C#

Anyway, why mixing those lyrics with Mats?
That's blasphemy again.

I sense the same smell tbph.

lol@Devils being angry about the exclusion of Arsenals permabenched keeper! Loaned to championship and Getafe, but just as benched there!
Would be nice to see someone write what keeper Barcelona should replace ter Stegen with
If it is Donnarumma, I must laugh! Anyway that was too late now. Oblak, Neuer, Alisson and Ederson MIGHT be better keepers, but if they are, why would their clubs let them go to Barcelona.
It would be nice to know about someone like Martinez, before they are extremely hyped. I doubt if we return in two years, Martinez would be very much shilled here, too...

soul24rage

lol@Devils being angry about the exclusion of Arsenals permabenched keeper! Loaned to championship and Getafe, but just as benched there!
Would be nice to see someone write what keeper Barcelona should replace ter Stegen with
If it is Donnarumma, I must laugh! Anyway that was too late now. Oblak, Neuer, Alisson and Ederson MIGHT be better keepers, but if they are, why would their clubs let them go to Barcelona.
It would be nice to know about someone like Martinez, before they are extremely hyped. I doubt if we return in two years, Martinez would be very much shilled here, too...

Again, Martinez might be a late bloomer and really grabbed his chances with Arsenal and won the FA Cup vs Chelsea and Man City
-Was one of the best GKs in the premier league and was the GK with the 2nd highest clean sheet in the PL with a non-CL club behind Ederson.
-One of the most instrumental figure for the Argentinian side to win the Copa America in 28 years.

We should be praising the lad for not giving in and keep fighting for his place and now his hard work and patience is paying off.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

So I presume you didn't rate Navas at all before he moved to Madrid, even though he had been La Liga's best GK at Levante.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Navas also went from being 2nd choice keeper at Levante to being 1st choice, voted as the best GK in La Liga and earning moves to Real Madrid and PSG respectively where he's stepped up big time in multiple key games, even when his defence have been failing.

Ter Stegen seem only able to perform if the defence is doing really good. He has no ability to bail them out. Every 50-50 shot seem to be going in.

Unless he manages to reinvent himself I see a worse decline than even De Gea or Casillas for him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sorry mate,
I forgot that the only autorithy are the users of this forum

As a matter of fact, fuck yes we have more authority than the casual watchers who create such lists. Unlike them, we watch Barca and ter Stegen week in and week out, and can make better inferences about his strengths and weaknesses than those who just look at the stats (which, by the way, were abysmal by March-May) and 5-6 games in a season.

fergus90

Once Ter Stegen gets shaken up on a big European night, he never recovers for the rest of the game.

Exudes absolutely zero confidence that he thinks he belongs there and actually looks more like a deer in the headlights.

Daniele

As a matter of fact, fuck yes we have more authority than the casual watchers who create such lists. Unlike them, we watch Barca and ter Stegen week in and week out, and can make better inferences about his strengths and weaknesses than those who just look at the stats (which, by the way, were abysmal by March-May) and 5-6 games in a season.

No.
you don't have an iota of the authority of a person who works at the Guardian or ESPN.
but you sure have a lot of authority in your condominium meetings

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think this is going to be ter Stegen's last season at Barca if we're able to recover financially or unless he has a big season.

He's had lingering knee problems for three years now. Think they'll want to get ahead of that and sell him to avoid his level dropping off like a cliff and being stuck with him due to his knee issues.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No.
you don't have an iota of the authority of a person who works at the Guardian or ESPN.
but you sure have a lot of authority in your condominium meetings

except you didn't send links from ESPN or Guardian, you sent three lists from some obscure websites like "everybodysoccer.com", lol. Are you being daft on purpose?

Bobo32

All I can say is as an Aston Villa fan, that I?m glad we?ve got Martinez and he?s taken his chance. Have to thank Arsenal and their incompetence to decide to keep the blunder merchant that is Bernd Leno allowing us to buy Martinez.

Enabling him to continue his good form that allowed him to massively contribute to Leo?s first international trophy. Where many others could never step up to the plate and help him.
So you started to praise him this year, naturally, after watching him. You trusted your eyes and wrote about it before there was a massive hype.
Still, it was his first full season, and he is the same age as Stegen. Even you, who surely watched him A LOT more than most people, must feel the need to see him a bit more before you can say with certainty that he is a better keeper than Stegen? Nevermind so much better that it's worth the swap, with the uncertainty that always comes with it, especially in goal.

Again, Martinez might be a late bloomer and really grabbed his chances with Arsenal and won the FA Cup vs Chelsea and Man City
-Was one of the best GKs in the premier league and was the GK with the 2nd highest clean sheet in the PL with a non-CL club behind Ederson.
-One of the most instrumental figure for the Argentinian side to win the Copa America in 28 years.

We should be praising the lad for not giving in and keep fighting for his place and now his hard work and patience is paying off.
Yeah I can praise him, it's always nice to see people bloom late. I don't think I ever saw anyone bloom just as late as this, if he is indeed a world class keeper and not just a decent keeper in good form for a year. As I only watched him a couple of games (and as I am not a keeper expert) I can not tell. But it's a nice story if he is as good as a lot of people claim right now.
What I do not like is people criticizing both ter Stegen and the board for Barcelona having ter Stegen in the goal and not Martinez - who as I wrote yesterday was deemed a worse keeper than Guaita, Jakkola and Ikeme by different managers just some years ago, and never even played regularly before this season.

So I presume you didn't rate Navas at all before he moved to Madrid, even though he had been La Liga's best GK at Levante.
Yeah he used to play well when I saw him, but I don't remember if I "rated him" or not.
I don't know what the comparison here is though, Martinez couldn't get the shirt in multiple Championship teams, he didn't get to play at Getafe.
I always have the feeling that many players are very underrated in these smaller teams, when they are a bit older.

Home of Barca Fans