1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Devils

Too bad he didn't do the surgery mid-season.

Barca would have done better in La Liga and the CL if he was replaced then.

Porque

Forget ter Stegen for a minute.

Who plays the last league game? Inaki Pena? Arnau Tenas? Neto?

Is there any point in playing Neto when he's getting sold as soon as the season is over?

Good question.

I think Inaki Pena saved 3 or 4 penalties in Barcelona B failed promotion attempt.

It would be nice to reward him for his performance by playing the last game.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Clement " They don't move like I do" Lenglet

39530cb4659dc4d4eeb5162f65a16582.gif

As Bobo would say : " He is a great passer"

Bobo32

Clement " They don't move like I do" Lenglet

39530cb4659dc4d4eeb5162f65a16582.gif

As Bobo would say : " He is a great passer"

Your impression is poor, like you're stuck in the mud almost
Lenglet is a poor passer and a poor player, but still has vices that Araujo can only dream of, still. I want Frenkie to play instead of Lenglet.

Marc was slaughtered for his poor performance yesterday, and for once, rightly so. But Penas performance on Barcelona B:s 0-1 was just as poor as ter Stegens on Barcelona A:s first conceded goal.

Porque

Marc was slaughtered for his poor performance yesterday, and for once, rightly so. But Penas performance on Barcelona B:s 0-1 was just as poor as ter Stegens on Barcelona A:s first conceded goal.

Agreed. I know it is called highlights. But I would much prefer a video package of every action in said match including the mistakes. Take the clip I posted above for example. Give a clear picture of what the player achieved, good and bad. Show his howler on the first goal, but also then show the great last minute save to also keep B in the match.

Show all the actions, let the viewers form opinions.

Bobo32

Agreed. I know it is called highlights. But I would much prefer a video package of every action in said match including the mistakes. Take the clip I posted above for example. Give a clear picture of what the player achieved, good and bad. Show his howler on the first goal, but also then show the great last minute save to also keep B in the match.

Show all the actions, let the viewers form opinions.

I agree very much on this - just show the whole pitch and all actions and skip all the effects, closeups, music and so on...

I didn't see much of the game due to streaming problems as you know, and I guess it's my adblocker that makes me not see the youtube clips posted if I don't open the reply page... But I watched your clip now, and Pena looked to have a good game indeed, nevermind the mistake on the first goal. I haven't seen the 2-2 though.

fergus90

Maybe the guy from Aston Villa ? Martinez I think? He is doing miracles this year if I am not tripping.

I was having a discussion with malvolio about this the other day, and it may sound like bias coming from a Villa fan but I actually believe Martinez belongs in the conversation as one of the best 20 GK's in Europe.

We face a lot more shots on goal than Barca, but the guy has kept 15 clean sheets (which is a PL record for us), catches crosses without hesitation and is an immense shot-stopper. I wasn't blowing smoke up his arse because he plays for my club, he's legitimately a great goalkeeper.

I hope he plays for Argentina this Copa to show I wasn't just talking rubbish and people recognise his class. Arsenal seriously messed up selling him and keeping Leno.

raedkuwait

Smells totally fishy to me, it's as for all of us to say aaah Stegen is really good but cause his is injured that's why he wasn't saving shit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not fishy.

It's his second surgery within a year. Apparently going to Sweden for surgery since he doesn't have faith in the alternatives in Barcelona.

Reading now it's the third consecutive season he's going for a surgery on his right knee. Same issue that's been bothering him since 2016.

Last edited:

soul24rage

I was having a discussion with malvolio about this the other day, and it may sound like bias coming from a Villa fan but I actually believe Martinez belongs in the conversation as one of the best 20 GK's in Europe.

We face a lot more shots on goal than Barca, but the guy has kept 15 clean sheets (which is a PL record for us), catches crosses without hesitation and is an immense shot-stopper. I wasn't blowing smoke up his arse because he plays for my club, he's legitimately a great goalkeeper.

I hope he plays for Argentina this Copa to show I wasn't just talking rubbish and people recognise his class. Arsenal seriously messed up selling him and keeping Leno.

15 cleans sheets in the PL for a non-CL club is pretty impressive.

According to Argentinian news, he's been linked with Man Utd and Juventus. I'd rather he stayed at Aston Villa if that is the case.

Also according to whoscored.com, he's rated as the best GK this season out of the top 5 leagues.

Andresito

Staff member

Top 20? Isn't that extremely humble? Considered as PL's best GK this past season, surely top 10 should be more reasonable.

Sterlingfan2000

Apparently he was playing with injections after his Injury because the Club believed to be able to win all the Trophies this season , so they kinda rushed him back.

Home of Barca Fans