1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

serghei

Why didn't you pick a mistake like that in his Barca shirt [MENTION=20103]Flavia[/MENTION]? You have around 70 games you can choose from. In two years at Barcelona he didn't even once made of fool of himself like Stegen is doing sometimes once a game.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Goalkeepers make mistakes sometimes. Like this one, for whoever is crying for Bravo: https://youtu.be/Rlka_6AWZoE?t=30s

He'll learn from it. The game vs celta was lost earlier, and it was thanks to Busquets.

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, the issue with Marc is that he makes a very high amount of mistakes. This season alone there have been several. Great keeper but needs a lot of work unfortunately.

F

Flavia

Why didn't you pick a mistake like that in his Barca shirt @Flavia? You have around 70 games you can choose from.

That's from 13/14, not so long ago. When he was already a seasoned keeper. Isn't that what everyone raves about, experience? He was the one who chose to leave, for more money and the CL. Both Lucho and Robert told the press no one told Bravo he was going to be a substitute, things would probably stay the same. I don't cry for players that decide to leave.

Every goalkeeper makes mistakes, the issue with Marc is that he makes a very high amount of mistakes. This season alone there have been several. Great keeper but needs a lot of work unfortunately.

He is young. At the age of 27 Bravo was making this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCApqcTh1FQ

Mats will learn.

kilian

Goalkeepers make mistakes sometimes. Like this one, for whoever is crying for Bravo: https://youtu.be/Rlka_6AWZoE?t=30s

He'll learn from it. The game vs celta was lost earlier, and it was thanks to Busquets.

It was, Busquets put a horror show. I think everyone agrees with that, even Busquets himself. But still, Ter Stegen has a tendency to overcomplicate things and this is the result. He should keep it more simple and then he`ll be a great keeper for us I hope.

serghei

That's from 13/14, not so long ago. When he was already a seasoned keeper. Isn't that what everyone raves one about, experience? He was the one who chose to leave, for more money and the CL. Both Lucho and Robert told the press no one told Bravo he was going to be a substitute, things would probably stay the same. I don't cry for players that decide to leave.

I'm not going into what made him leave, because it's pure speculation. As for his mistakes at Sociedad, maybe he found his true motivation at Barcelona and grew more confident becoming a better keeper, who knows? The fact is he completely ironed out any important mistakes in 2 full seasons at Barcelona. Stegen has troubles sticking to just one blunder in a single match. Here lies the difference. A lot of games in which Bravo he was never the problem in the way Stegen is now. That's what counts.

I now have to watch every important game in La Liga fearing Stegen will go MacGyver-mode again on us.

And the game vs Celta was lost during the whole game. Maybe at 2-3 we would've scored and made the last 10 mins hell for Celta. They weren't exactly great, pretty bad in defence, no wonder they received 4 from a defensive team like Atletico.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I'm not going into what made him leave, because it's pure speculation. As for his mistakes at Sociedad, maybe he found his true motivation at Barcelona and grew more confident becoming a better keeper, who knows? The fact is he completely ironed out any important mistakes in 2 full seasons at Barcelona. Stegen has troubles sticking to just one blunder in a single match. Here lies the difference. A lot of games in which Bravo he was never the problem in the way Stegen is now. That's what counts.

I now have to watch every important game in La Liga fearing Stegen will go MacGyver-mode again on us.
You're overreacting. Lucho and unzue will talk to him. Those kind of mistakes will be ironed out of his game. He's only 24, far from the finished product.

serghei

You're overreacting. Lucho and unzue will talk to him. Those kind of mistakes will be ironed out of his game. He's only 24, far from the finished product.

They'd better be ironed out by january-february, or else I'm all for Cilessen being no1 and getting his shot. Stegen is at Barca for over 2 years. Not 2 months. At Arsenal you get 5-6 years to develop as a player. At Barca you have to do it faster, or you're out.

Mandrake

That's from 13/14, not so long ago. When he was already a seasoned keeper. Isn't that what everyone raves about, experience? He was the one who chose to leave, for more money and the CL. Both Lucho and Robert told the press no one told Bravo he was going to be a substitute, things would probably stay the same. I don't cry for players that decide to leave.

He is young. At the age of 27 Bravo was making this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCApqcTh1FQ

Mats will learn.

Yeah, thats what Barca needs. A keeper that will learn. Maybe 4 years from now he'll be excellent. But if we lose this liga by a point (or 3?) it will be on him.

Funny that a MOD posts 7 year old Bravo blunders. I can help you find a few amateur videos of Bravo mistakes when he was 12 if you want.

Basiclly those who never wanted Bravo to be signed, like Flavia, because he thought he was too old, too expensive and not a WC keeper (?), were also the same people who didn't want him to be number one, who thought it was best for him to leave, now defend this incredible MATS mistake by posting his 7 year old Bravo blunders.

Stubbornness is not good, especially when you want the best for Barca. Sometimes admitting you're wrong is that way to go. It's like you have some sort of MATS obsession.

F

Flavia

Yeah, thats what Barca needs. A keeper that will learn. Maybe 4 years from now he'll be excellent. But if we lose this liga by a point (or 3?) it will be on him.

Funny that a MOD posts 7 year old Bravo blunders. I can help you find a few amateur videos of Bravo mistakes when he was 12 if you want.

Basiclly those who never wanted Bravo to be signed, like Flavia, because he thought he was too old, too expensive and not a WC keeper (?), were also the same people who didn't want him to be number one, who thought it was best for him to leave, now defend this incredible MATS mistake by posting his 7 year old Bravo blunders.

Stubbornness is not good, especially when you want the best for Barca. Sometimes admitting you're wrong is that way to go. It's like you have some sort of MATS obsession.
I surely have no obsession like the one you have with Bravo. Pretty funny you waited until mats made a mistake to come back to troll. I'm not a mod anymore, just waiting for Bojan to change that, so now I'm free to put you on my ignore list :D Thanks for the remainder.

F

Flavia

They'd better be ironed out by january-february, or else I'm all for Cilessen being no1 and getting his shot. Stegen is at Barca for over 2 years. Not 2 months. At Arsenal you get 5-6 years to develop as a player. At Barca you have to do it faster, or you're out.
Cillessen won't be much better. And mats wasn't playing week in and out, he'd probably be better now if he were. The lack of competition also is detrimental this season.

Mandrake

I surely have no obsession like the one you have with Bravo. Pretty funny you waited until mats made a mistake to come back to troll. I'm not a mod anymore, just waiting for Bojan to change that, so now I'm free to put you on my ignore list :D Thanks for the remainder.

Great! Only MOD with power trips who banned me and deleted my comments because he didn't agree with me. Good news for Barca forum. Now that you have more time on your hands, maybe you can become a GK scout. You've shown great talent.

BBZ8800

stegen.jpg

You also have an option no5:
= if something goes wrong, if an attacker is pressuring you, or your first touch wasn't good and now you are in troubles, or if you are scared that you won't be able to make a good pass: just kick the ball upfield

Yes, all Gks make mistakes.
All Cbs make mistakes.

But some players make a mistake once in 10 games, others make a mistake once in 2 games.

We had stats about Mats earlier in a season how he had xx touches in each match, 100% pass accuracy, more dribbles than CR7 etc.

I would like to see stats for:
= how many times per season will Mats create a trouble for himself and for his team from a situation which wasn't dangerous at all, but he turned it into a danger with showboating?
Then I would like to see Bravo's stats for the same thing.

Bravo will surely have 5 similar fuckups per season.
Mats will probably have 30-50 fuckups in the same time (not all with end as a goal, just random situations where he created problems from nothing because he was overcomplicated things)

Mats will learn.

One question:
= if we have to wait for Mats, let's say 3 years for him to get in a state where he won't make (lots) of blunders anymore...
Is it really worth it, for Barca as a club?

In numbers:
If you have Messi in his final years, the best player who has ever played this sport...
Then, a 150M worth Neymar.
Plus, Suarez.
Plus a very good squad in general.

This team needs trophies right now. No room for mistakes.

Now, let's say that Mats will need a few more years to reach a top level (even though I am not sure whether he will ever reach that level).
But let's say that he will reach it, but we will need to suffer for 2-3 years before that and that we will possibly lose some trophies till then.

Now, is it wise to sacrifice Messi (worth 150-200-250 Millions), Neymar (150 Millions), Suarez (80 Millions) and their prime years, in order to get a Gk who may or may not develop in the end?
Even if he'll develop, what, he will be worth 70-80 Millions at max?
What, we splashed 500+ Millions into our team, and now we will maybe need to sacrifice our club's success (and player's individual careers) in the next few years, only to develop one player (who again isn't even a sure thing that with all developing and putting faith in him, that he will turn into something extra).

My point: waiting for one player (for 2-3-4 years) who can ruin the work of other 10 or 20 players is insane.
We will lose much more money (earnings in a CL, sponsors, individual careers of each player etc) if we don't win trophies right now, than we will win if we turn Mats from a 30-40 M keeper into a 70-80 M keeper (and into a long term replacement).

This is Barca.
Either you are ready right away, or go on loan/other team/sit on a bench and wait until you improve.
If Mats will need a lot of time for learning, then a team like Barca will not tolerate it.
It is much better to just splash some money and to buy a best Gk out there (De Gea, Curtois etc) for 50-70-80M right away. (They can also be "a long term replacements").
But they will deliver right away, no need to lose trophies with them in a team.

I mean, just imagine if this was a CL semis, and that we lose because of a Mats' mistake.
People may reply: but he will be good in 2020, and we may get a GK for the next decade.

Lol, who cares?
We need La Ligas and CLs RIGHT AWAY, while we have Messi and MSN and 500+ Millions invested in a team.
Who knows what will happen with football, Barca, sponsors and everyone by 2020 or 2025.

20-40 Million guy is not worth sacrificing the whole team.
(I mean, IF Mats will continue with his "show")

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
24 years old is not young. I don't know why people here give him so many free passes and jump on anyone that criticises him, we are not fans of a player like you guys we are fans of FC Barcelona.

How many years do you want to give this guy? How many blunders are acceptable?

F

Flavia

24 years old is not young. I don't know why people here give him so many free passes and jump on anyone that criticises him, we are not fans of a player like you guys we are fans of FC Barcelona.

How many years do you want to give this guy? How many blunders are acceptable?

24 is pretty young for a gk. He's not getting any free pass either. It was a huge mistake, and he's beating himself up a lot for it. He'll surely hear a lot from unzue as well. But it's the way our gks play. Valdés occasionally also had those, like the one vs di Maria. High risk, high reward.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Who cares what mistakes Bravo did playing for some other clubs when he was younger. He didn't play for Barca then.

We are talking about Barca and what we expect from Barca player. There is not too much room here to make mistakes nor time to wait.

Home of Barca Fans