1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

serghei

A few years back, we used to joke how a certain player is an idiot, fool, bum, clown.

But today, every player is a bum or clown and on every match, we have 1000s of Ls and Ws.

Meme/banter which went too far and now it's annoying.

True, but in this case, the transformation from last season to this one is very dramatic. Last season he was crap (one of the worst shot stoppers in La Liga based on numbers), and this season he is almost producing Courtois performances.

If he keeps this up he will be one of the biggest surprises of this season. Bayern will be a good test to see if this is just a fluke, or he is back to his best.

Zidane82

He has been better than ever so far .. maybe it is the thought of the World Cup that is driving him .

It is certainly great timing for us to get a keeper in top form

Horatio

You're welcome
His criticasters are deservant of a W. He has proven he was underperforming previous seasons and what he showing now is the level we were hoping for.

But his defenders previous seasons will probably try to convince you it is the defense that has so greatly improved and what caused him to concede previous seasons. Nah?defense ain?t that much better.

Porque

Any reports of overcoming injury problems this summer?

He had some cracking games towards the end of last season (mixed in with his usual fluffs) to be fair.

But this year seems that something that was holding him back as been removed.

Slevinn

Any reports of overcoming injury problems this summer?

He had some cracking games towards the end of last season (mixed in with his usual fluffs) to be fair.

But this year seems that something that was holding him back as been removed.
Can?t remember what the cause was but I remember reading some article after one of the first games that he finally can play/train without pain in his knee.
So maybe it?s more than just him being in good form atm.

Gnidrologist

I hate this hesitancy, when he went out for the ball and then changed his mind after which goal was conceded. Think he would've been first at it and if he goes out then needs to follow through. Lack of confidence still.

FinBarcelonafan

I hate this hesitancy, when he went out for the ball and then changed his mind after which goal was conceded. Think he would've been first at it and if he goes out then needs to follow through. Lack of confidence still.

I saw it few times, I doubt he makes it. At first it looks like he should get it, but I doubt he ever gets the ball. It was a bit bizarre spot. Close one.

But it's true that if he went instantly full speed, he might make it. He hesitated and he couldn't make it anymore.

Home of Barca Fans