Yusuf Demir

ajnotkeith

As a winger just doesn't work, no. Dozens of times took the ball, tried to get round his man, couldn't, and dribbled backwards and laid off the ball over and over again to someone else. And when he was passed the ball in dangerous areas he was either tackled or fell over.

Looking like a pure dribbler to me. Why he hasn't been registered with a subsidiary number I don't know.

He is a AM/CM, the physical limitations are too great for him ever to be effective as a winger unless he has really good vision/associative play which he didn't show tofay.

fergus90

I thought he was utterly awful and I don't like to say that about a youngster. Pre-season he was exciting but he's not ready for Barca first team duties right now.

Messi983

Awful game tbh, not having a good feeling about this one.
Starting to think he should have been registered with Barca B

Agreed. Was saying this all the time he should have played in Barca B regularly and be called up for the first team occasionally. But it is what it is now so hopefully he'll get enough minutes to improve.

Don't think he was that awful and it's tough to really stand out in this team surrounded by other youngsters and with basically no leadership. Still believe in his talent and needs to be given more time.

ajnotkeith

I thought he was utterly awful and I don't like to say that about a youngster. Pre-season he was exciting but he's not ready for Barca first team duties right now.

Neither did I, but I couldn't help but see that in how many times he touched the ball and in dangerous areas too he couldn't get past his man once. He clearly isn't ready yet, Balde/Gavi despite them needing adaptation are looking more up to the pace.

ajnotkeith

Really if you can't do it against Granada who didn't press at all and sat back you probably won't do it against good teams who are pressing hard and who will punish you for losing the ball, as we saw against Bayern, where his one mistake lead to a goal up the other end. In games like these that doesn't happen but it will in harder games.

If Demir is going to be a key player, a option off the bench and spot starter in league games he can't play like he has been playing. For these types of players who don't contribute much in crosses, pressing, workrate, defensive duels etc as normal wingers do they need to be providing moments of magic from the inside.

Last edited:

Messi983

Neither did I, but I couldn't help but see that in how many times he touched the ball and in dangerous areas too he couldn't get past his man once. He clearly isn't ready yet, Balde/Gavi despite them needing adaptation are looking more up to the pace.

Balde and Gavi are playing in Barca's system for years so it's easier for them. Yusuf still needs to adapt both on and off the pitch to his new club. Has just turned 18 a few months ago and probably doesn't even speak Spanish much yet. Sometimes people forget how much time even older and more experienced players needed to adapt to our system.

JamDav1982

He had the most dribbles of any Barca player to be fair.

Lost it a few times as well.

ajnotkeith

Balde and Gavi are playing in Barca's system for years so it's easier for them. Yusuf still needs to adapt both on and off the pitch to his new club. Has just turned 18 a few months ago and probably doesn't even speak Spanish much yet. Sometimes people forget how much time even older and more experienced players needed to adapt to our system.

Good point. Hard to be thrown into Barca's first-team with barely any pro experience and moving abroad at 18. Which is again why we got that Barca B pipeline.

Home of Barca Fans