Basketball/NBA

El Flaco

Your guy's a better overall player than KD but comparing strictly on the basis of offense, there's no contest. Lebron can only dream of making his own shot the way KD does.

KD can only dream of having same level of basketball IQ and making passes the way LeBron does.

KD is just a pure elite scorer.

LeBron, Harden, Luka, Curry, Trae Young, Nikola Jokic are levels above KD in the offense.

khaled_a_d

No they don't necessarily need a top PG with Luka, but they need to do what Daryl Morey did with James Harden. Surround him with a ton of 3 and D players(like Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute) and a pick and roll center (Capela)..

That is a recipe for a disaster IMO.
Harden ball should be avouded at all costs.
And Harden played his best with CP3.

khaled_a_d

KD can only dream of having same level of basketball IQ and making passes the way LeBron does.

KD is just a pure scorer. LeBron, Harden, Luka, Curry, Trae Young, Nikola Jokic are levels above KD in the offense.

For whatever reason, the term offense is used to describe pure scoring ability, at least when describe a player

So you are both right

Sailor Mars

That is a recipe for a disaster IMO.
Harden ball should be avouded at all costs.
And Harden played his best with CP3.

The Rockets still played Harden ball even with CP3. The Morey template produced imo the 2nd best team to not win the chip in atleast the last 20 years(15-16 Warriors are 1st).

El Flaco

For whatever reason, the term offense is used to describe pure scoring ability, at least when describe a player

So you are both right

Playmaking is a massive part in the offense too. KD isn't on same level with the guys I mentioned as an offensive player.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

LeBron, Harden, Luka, Curry, Trae Young, Nikola Jokic are levels above KD in the offense.

Yeah KD reminds me of Gerd Mueller while LeBron is a Iniesta+Mueller but both are fantastic players.

khaled_a_d

Playmaking is a massive part in the offense too. KD isn't on same level with the guys I mentioned as an offensive player.

As I said , when people say greatest offensive player= greatest scorer.
Doesn't make sense to me either, but don't shoot the messenger

The Rockets still played Harden ball even with CP3. The Morey template produced imo the 2nd best team to not win the chip in atleast the last 20 years(15-16 Warriors are 1st).

And they have done it with CP3 , and failed with him injured.
Luka needs PG, like he always did before the NBA(Llull, Dragic)

KingLeo10

Such a clown take that it doesn't even warrant a serious response.

Trae Young is a volume shooting scrub (43.1% FG lol) who doesn't even belong in this conversation.

Harden and Curry are notorious underperformers when the pressure is on. KD, by contrast, is usually a killer. And importantly, is a more efficient scorer (not just the raw number of points) in these situations.

Jokic and Luka don't have enough of a CV to warrant being placed above KD. Jokic IMO has the potential to surpass, Luka is 50/50.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

KD was a killer when he had Curry. Was never a known killer in OKC

Look at the 2012 finals and what he did versus a strong Miami team. Averaged over 30 on 50% shooting. His only real failing was the collapse v the Warriors. Which is why I said more often than not he has been a killer over his career.

EDIT: Been killing the Bucks just fine without Steph or Harden...and there's this:

Kevin Durant with his 25th career playoff game where he scored 25 points and produced a 50-40-90 shooting line.

No other player has more than 16 in NBA history.

He's a snake and a terrible personality/person but people are really sleeping if they don't see this lad is one of greatest offensive juggernauts to ever play this game.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Isn't KD just a bigger and better T-Mac really? Since going to Brooklyn the bad taste has gone away a bit, but I don't know how Flaco can even show his face again on this forum after this take.

Griffin a stud thus far in the playoffs, maybe one bad game on the whole. Hope he stays healthy. I hated the hype of Lob City back in the day, but always thought he could be a cracking role player to have.

raedkuwait

Such a clown take that it doesn't even warrant a serious response.

Trae Young is a volume shooting scrub (43.1% FG lol) who doesn't even belong in this conversation.

Harden and Curry are notorious underperformers when the pressure is on. KD, by contrast, is usually a killer. And importantly, is a more efficient scorer (not just the raw number of points) in these situations.

Jokic and Luka don't have enough of a CV to warrant being placed above KD. Jokic IMO has the potential to surpass, Luka is 50/50.
Totally agree KD is one of the few players that
Is a complete offense player, and infacat under pressure
And if the game is on the line i would rather have
Him take the shot than any other player in the league.
Even above Lebron James for that shot.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans