NFL

Rassvet

FIFA people were at the Super Bowl to examine the stadium as a possible candidate to host the 2026 world cup final (Alexi Lalas)

Messi983

FIFA people were at the Super Bowl to examine the stadium as a possible candidate to host the 2026 world cup final (Alexi Lalas)

Would they really select two stadiums in LA or would SoFi Stadium replace Rose Bowl Stadium (unlikely as has the biggest capacity)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2026_FIFA_World_Cup

I think they'll go with Washington (although I don't like Fedex Field but at least they would have to renovate it for the WC), NY/NJ, Dallas, Atlanta, Philly, Seattle, Boston and Miami and then one if not both LA venues. Would be tough to leave out Arrowhead Stadium though imo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would they really select two stadiums in LA or would SoFi Stadium replace Rose Bowl Stadium (unlikely as has the biggest capacity)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2026_FIFA_World_Cup

I think they'll go with Washington (although I don't like Fedex Field but at least they would have to renovate it for the WC), NY/NJ, Dallas, Atlanta, Philly, Seattle, Boston and Miami and then one if not both LA venues. Would be tough to leave out Arrowhead Stadium though imo.

Isn't the Rose Bowl a pain to get to? If they can change the field they should probably go with SoFi even though LA traffic is a nightmare itself.

Keep the players as far away from FedEx Field as possible.

Messi983

First for all the Packers fans here, drama queen Aaron is staying.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Packers signed Aaron Rodgers to a four-year, $200 million contract.

The all-consuming drama is over for now. Rodgers, a four-time NFL MVP, becomes the highest paid player in league history with $153 million guaranteed over his new four-year deal

But then what a day to be a Seahawks fan. Wilson traded to the Broncos and Bobby Wagner released. They were drafted on the same day in 2012, now they are gone on the same day 10 years later. Definitiely end of an era.

Will be interesting to see how Wilson will do in Denver in the division with Mahomes and Herbert. AFC is clearly packed with great QBs so Denver won't have it easy to even make it to the playoffs let alone make a deep postseason run.

Trade package:

Seattle gets QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick.

Denver gets Russell Wilson and a fourth-round pick.

Specific picks Denver is trading to Seattle in exchange for Russell Wilson:

Denver?s 2022 first-round pick (No. 9)
Denver?s own 2022 second-round pick (No. 40)
Denver?s 2023 first- and second-round picks.
Denver's 2022 fifth-round round pick for Seattle's 2022 fourth-round pick

I think we didn't get a good enough compensation (not really much more than what we've overpaid for a frickin safety two years ago) for a franchise QB but then again RW had all the leverage with his no-trade clause and prefering going to Denver instead of other interested teams (there were also reports we also didn't want to trade him inside NFC to a team like Washington who made the best offer but think this has just came down to a Russell decision).

Just think we should have kept Wilson over Carroll tbh as it was clear relationship between those two has not been the best for years but now it is what it is. Carroll will get another chance to build the team his way with a strong defense, running game and probably a game manager at QB. As a fan I hope he can make it again but he'll probably be gone in a year or two and then we'll go into a full rebuild.

Another reason for a trade is I don't believe we would give Wilson 50m/year his agent would demand next year after Rodgers got that deal from Green Bay yesterday. So at least we got something for him. Should have really traded him last offseason if reports about being offered 3+ first round picks were true though.

Not a good QB class so interested what our plan here is. Hope we'll go with defense/OL with a newly accquired #9 pick (will probably try to trade down anyway) instead of overdrafting a QB. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer on someone like Bailley Zappe in 4th round though if available. Maybe we can hit it again like we did with Russell. Also wouldn't surprise me if they would choose to go with a veteran QB as a place holder until next year when better QBs are available in the draft. Although tanking doesn't really fit into the Carroll's always compete mantra.

Reports are we are also willing to trade Lockett but would have a big dead money if that happens so probably unlikely. If we're tearing it down then just trade Metcalf as well as he has high trade value and would be stupid to give him a big money extension having no QB to throw to him.

After Russell trade I kind of expected they will release Wagner. Even with RW still here would be almost impossible to keep him on a 20m+ cap hit so I was thinking we will restructure his contract. Now going into rebuild makes no sense to keep him and he'll surely go to a contender as he's still a top LB.

Seattle saves $16.6 million against its cap by releasing perennial All-Pro LB Bobby Wagner; he will be allowed to sign with another team before free agency begins next week.

DonAK

Oh FFS :lol:

Cannot blame him. The drop off when it comes to QBs playing in the NFC after Rodgers, him and Stafford is staggering. Others like Kyler Murray are good but the best young guns are in the AFC.

KingLeo10

He shouldn't have retired in the first place if he was gonna come back 2 months later :lol:

Now, it'll just cheapen the reception of his actual retirement.

DonAK

That's true.

He could have taken more time to reassess too instead of announcing a retirement so early. I wonder if his family said "ok give it one last go and see if you can go out like Peyton by winning a SB".

The perfect ending. Not many get it.

KingLeo10

https://twitter.com/Cristiano/status/1502947140808716289?cxt=HHwWgsC9wcWdxdspAAAA

This guy never misses a beat to make it about himself :lol:

Usually GOATs don't need to call themselves GOATs. Jordan, Brady etc.

CR7 and Lebron are actively pushing this narrative about them.

AFAIK, Messi's never called himself the GOAT. He's more in the Jordan, Brady realm even though Messi's claim isn't as strong as those 2 in their sports (Messi's indisputably GOAT tier, but for me similar ballpark as Maradona and Pele)

Last edited:

DonAK

It hurts to see Adams play for another team, but 28,5m per year for a WR is crazy money. The fact that Rodgers still signed after knowing this would happen makes me appreciate him more than ever.

Time to get Julio Jones even though he isn't what he used to be and draft two WRs now having four picks in the first two rounds.

Give me Olave with #22 and Jameson Williams or Treylon Burks with #28.

Home of Barca Fans