Manchester United

Yannik

Glazers wants to go all out this Summer with a 150 Million Warchest.

they are targeting

Ronaldo
Declan Rice
Pau Torres
Sancho
Tripier

Want to sell
Lindgard for 30M
Martial

I hate myself for saying this but "150m warchest" after sales doesnt sound particularly impressive anymore given what teams spend nowadays. Also the names there sound a bit underwhelming, only Sancho looks like like of a big deal and he would probably alone eat more than half of that warchest. And CR7 is just a brand deal at this point.

Last edited:

Mateka

United bought Sanchez beating City. City missed a bullet.
United bought Fred beating City it was rumoured. City missed a bullet.
I wonder who United will pay over the odds for this summer? City will miss another bullet.

stb_1

1 CM and a good manager away from winning the league. Will win within 2-3 seasons, their young players are awesome.

Mateka

United are looking good. Pogba was a revelation with 4 assists. Fernandes is their stand out player, and I personally would go back to the old man for man marking, and take him out if the game. United have a major problem, Manchester is blue. City have more silverware than any EPL team for decade 2010-2020. United have not won EPL since 2012, when SAF retired. City 3 out of 4, Manchester is blue.
City eyes are on CL and will take their eyes off EPL sadly. Big mistake. But United have a chance this season.

mc_lovin

Just take a look at their best Xl thread on redcafe. Their midfield is tragic and unbalanced. Ronaldo pushes out one of the younger players (Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood). Issues at CF when forcing Ronaldo there.

Feels like they panicked after the City rumors.

FC433

Just take a look at their best Xl thread on redcafe. Their midfield is tragic and unbalanced. Ronaldo pushes out one of the younger players (Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood). Issues at CF when forcing Ronaldo there.

Feels like they panicked after the City rumors.
I think they are fine for now. They definitely need a CM regardless of CR7 though. Greenwood is still way too young and should take his time.

CR7

Rashford Bruno Sancho
Pogba/ Fred (depends on the opponent) McTominay

Shaw Maguire Varane Bissaka

DDG

Looks brilliant. I would love to see Rice at either CFC or MUFC, I think it is time for him to move. He is my favourite CDM in Europe.

mc_lovin

Problem with Pogba and Bruno is that they are brilliant attackers, but shit midfielders. That leaves Fred, Matic and McTominay to control the game, which is questionable (no need to look further than the Southampton game).

And I can't stress this enough: Ronaldo as a CF has never, ever worked. He's shit there. Literally half the player.

Birdy

I think they are fine for now. They definitely need a CM regardless of CR7 though. Greenwood is still way too young and should take his time.

CR7

Rashford Bruno Sancho
Pogba/ Fred (depends on the opponent) McTominay

Shaw Maguire Varane Bissaka

DDG

Looks brilliant. I would love to see Rice at either CFC or MUFC, I think it is time for him to move. He is my favourite CDM in Europe.

Pogba might leave to PSG if Mbape is sold.
But, apart from that, there are many issues

1) Ole for some strange reason (probably he loves so much the McTominay-Fred partnership) plays Pogba as an LW/LM and leaves one winger out.
With CR covering the CF role, and Bruno cemented at AM, this means that there is only 1(!) spot for all of Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Cavani, and then Greenwood and James.
Not so good squad management.

Of course, a proper coach would pair Pogba with a DM lower on the pitch, and have both RAshford, Sancho on the wings

2) Pogba is the only creator from deep they have. If he leaves, or if he plays in that strange LW/LM role his abilities are waisted or not used at 100%, and UTD has no creator from deep.
They can slaughter teams on the counter, as they have been doing under Solksier the last 2.5 years, but they are still unable to break buses, especially when Bruno does not pull a magic

Then all of Fred, Matic, McTominay are SO SO meh and their level is below that is required to compete for EPL or CL.
Then, a possible problem is that the pairing of Maguire and Varane consists of same type players.
Then a final possible problem is CR7 :lol: The guy is finished...

All the above of course shows that the real problem is Solkskier. UTD need a better coach to challenge for the summit again

FC433

And I can't stress this enough: Ronaldo as a CF has never, ever worked. He's shit there. Literally half the player.
I thought Zidane revived CR7's career by moving him there? I definitely think Ronaldo should be a CF not a winger, he lost his touch as a winger a long time ago and cannot dribble his opponents effectively.

mc_lovin

Are we watching the same Pogba? He's an attacking midfielder at heart. Pairing him in a double pivot screams disaster. Heck, even in a midfield 3 at CM he looks lost.

I thought Zidane revived CR7's career by moving him there? I definitely think Ronaldo should be a CF not a winger, he lost his touch as a winger a long time ago and cannot dribble his opponents effectively.

He did what he wanted to do while Benzema filled the gaps (and battled the CB's). He's not and never was a lone CF.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans