Manchester City

JamDav1982

They are being ran very very smartly by those Catalans and the team around them.

Think they will need a run wide man & a class back up for walker and their set.

Back up for Walker could easily have cost them the CL.

Maybe what Cucurella is for so Cancelo can provide more of a back up to RB.

They need another pacey dribbler in attack and would not be too surprised if they give up Silva for that and Foden is more central in Silvas old role.

Or even if they dont sell Silva surely need more pace.

jamrock

Back up for Walker could easily have cost them the CL.

Maybe what Cucurella is for so Cancelo can provide more of a back up to RB.

They need another pacey dribbler in attack and would not be too surprised if they give up Silva for that and Foden is more central in Silvas old role.

Or even if they dont sell Silva surely need more pace.

I agree with all you say here, if walker was fit over the two legs I see them beating Madrid, they can't go into a new season with the same situation.

I also think it's time for foden to transition to midfield, shouldn't compare him to this guy obviously but much like Iniesta could do a great job on the left, the true position where foden will excel is in midfield, its about time he starts playing their, and they bring in a proper winger.

But I don't see anyone but us going in for Silva if that's only if we sell de jong.

Those two things are the only things their team needs to be truly as complete as any team can possibly be.

JamDav1982

I agree with all you say here, if walker was fit over the two legs I see them beating Madrid, they can't go into a new season with the same situation.

I also think it's time for foden to transition to midfield, shouldn't compare him to this guy obviously but much like Iniesta could do a great job on the left, the true position where foden will excel is in midfield, its about time he starts playing their, and they bring in a proper winger.

But I don't see anyone but us going in for Silva if that's only if we sell de jong.

Those two things are the only things their team needs to be truly as complete as any team can possibly be.

Yeah if Silva goes it seems to be to Barca and not anyone else and dont think they would push him out.

But can see why they may think thy can take in more pace out wide and take the chance to sell Silva at 28 with Foden in wings if they get a decent sized bid for him.

FDJ will go surely. It is better all round that he does with way Xavi wants to play.

serghei

Looks to me they are exposed in winger material. Very underwhelming there. Let's hope they don't go after Raphinha.

Porque

Pep will play whoever is in form. I have no doubt he will squeeze another signing or two out of his depth to get some replacements with high potential in.

Great business to get over 100m from two players with one year left on their contracts. But you can do that kind of thing when both inside the inflated Premier League market and not needing to sell to survive. You can set prices that are high but not outragious (unlike PSG) so clubs with money can be enticed enough to buy now rather than wait. While if the price isn't met like with Eric and us, they can keep around as a squad option.

Every other club in the world outside the oil clubs don't have the luxury to play that kind of game.

JamDav1982

Pep will play whoever is in form. I have no doubt he will squeeze another signing or two out of his depth to get some replacements with high potential in.

Great business to get over 100m from two players with one year left on their contracts. But you can do that kind of thing when both inside the inflated Premier League market and not needing to sell to survive. You can set prices that are high but not outragious (unlike PSG) so clubs with money can be enticed enough to buy now rather than wait. While if the price isn't met like with Eric and us, they can keep around as a squad option.

Every other club in the world outside the oil clubs don't have the luxury to play that kind of game.

They did nothing but lose money by not selling Garcia.

That was not a smart move and it was one from a club backed by billionaires that manufacture sponsorships etc and dont have to be run like a business.

Porque

They held for 20m was it? A figure Barcelona didn't want to pay.

So maybe had they conceed then, Arsenal and Chelsea would have thought to have more leeway in this year's negos.

So they will sell, at prices they seem appropriate. It's take it or leave it, at a more suitable price level than PSG pay.

So as you say in isolation it wasn't a smart move, but they can afford to do it to maintain their transfer fee demands across the board.

JamDav1982

They held for 20m was it? A figure Barcelona didn't want to pay.

So maybe had they conceed then, Arsenal and Chelsea would have thought to have more leeway in this year's negos.

So they will sell, at prices they seem appropriate. It's take it or leave it, at a more suitable price level than PSG pay.

So as you say in isolation it wasn't a smart move, but they can afford to do it to maintain their transfer fee demands across the board.

No it doesnt work like that.

Clubs wont pay more for a players as City didnt sell Garcia a couple years back.

They will pay what willing to pay if see as deal benefitting them.

Porque

We could argue all day.

You have your half of the glass that clubs won't Pay more. My point is that they also wont pay less than City demands which they can afford to stick with.

City will still have utility in Gabriel and Sterling for a year if Arsenal and Chelsea wouldn't meet the 50m prices they were happy with, and would keep them if the offers reached 40m for ex.

JamDav1982

We could argue all day.

You have your half of the glass that clubs won't Pay more. My point is that they also wont pay less than City demands which they can afford to stick with.

City will still have utility in Gabriel and Sterling for a year if Arsenal and Chelsea wouldn't meet the 50m prices they were happy with, and would keep them if the offers reached 40m for ex.

No it doesnt work like that and all City did was lose money on player they couldnt convince to stay.

Clubs negotiate what a deal is worth to them in isolation and if that one deal benefits them.

Home of Barca Fans