Karim Benzema

beef-supreme

I'm not talking about performances, I'm just talking about technique (and he's been played on the wing a lot by previous coaches).

technique is more important to me when looking at a new striker because as long as a striker has an aptitude for goals there's a good chance they will flourish in our side because of the number of chances we create.

Okay that makes sense - imo I wouldn't entrust the CF role to him at Barca, and the only way he could be 'safe' to come is as a backup striker, letting him slowly adapt and fit in. That however would destroy Bojan's career and I don't want that. Anyway I hate his face quite a lot. :p

R

Red Devil

Okay that makes sense - imo I wouldn't entrust the CF role to him at Barca, and the only way he could be 'safe' to come is as a backup striker, letting him slowly adapt and fit in. That however would destroy Bojan's career and I don't want that. Anyway I hate his face quite a lot. :p

Thats a great reason to dislike him .

Like many people I wonder whether he can score regular in a top league . But I think as far as prospect goes he is the best in europe other then the players who are untouchable .

beef-supreme

Thats a great reason to dislike him .

Like many people I wonder whether he can score regular in a top league . But I think as far as prospect goes he is the best in europe other then the players who are untouchable .

I know... I just always think back to him playing against us in the CL - whenever he'd get the ball he'd already be a mile offside, so the referee would obviously stop play and the camera would zoom in on his face. AAAGH :banghead:
His positional play against us was horrific, he had something like 8 offsides in the first half alone when we played in one of the legs.

Yes he has a lot of potential because he is young, but it's also perhaps no coincidence that Lyon's current downfall comes at the 'era of Benzema'.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Has scored goals in Champions League group stages and last 16 but it will be interesting to see if he can do it when it really matters quarters, semis and final itself. We are one of few clubs that can guarentee him this platform ( along with Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea ) plus get him a starting role every game for France.

nebeer

Love is All
So now Lyon want to sell Benzema. May be Real would go for him after the new twist (Not for sale) with David Villa.

Rivaldo

He aint garbage but he sucks. Saviola is a better player than him. He is one of those "could be good in the future" players. We don't need could be good in the future players, we need a world class player to replace the irreplacable Eto'o! We have Bojan for a player that could be good in the future so I have no idea why people keep on suggesting Benzema, he sucks!!!! He scores one goal against United and the English media licked his ass and hyped him up to be the next Zidane.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Well take a chill pill. Benzema is a good player but I agree with you he is overrated. That goal against Man U raised Fergie's eyebrows anyway.

R

Red Devil

Think we will go for him now he is a good player he had a bad game at Barca but all together he is a top class player.

Home of Barca Fans