9 - Robert Lewandowski

Kul_z

Wtf, wasnt expecting that. 2 lw, 2 cf, 2rw. Holy fuck we are stacked offensively. Xavi better know what he is doing... this is cl semifinal or death squad

ajnotkeith

More generally, it is interesting how much we are managing to spend. 180m spent on Lewa, Raphinha and Ferran just in transfer fees alone and hundreds more in wages, with Christensen and Kessie's contracts too and possibly Kounde + others. Pay rise for Dembele etc.

People keep saying it should be impossible and Barca are broke, Barca are broke etc, our salary cap is too high and we're under 1:4, but the proof is in the pudding. We are spending more than any other team this window.

That leaves 2 possibilities for me. Either Laporta and Co are mortgaging the future of this club, or the economic situation was never that bad and they significantly exaggerated how bad our situation was.

ajnotkeith

Bayern plays much more efficiently and effectively than us, I think those who assume Lewandowski can just drop in, plug and play and score a ton of goals will be disappointed. Not to mention his effectiveness is bound to go down as he ages.

Not to mention our midfield and defense, with no major improvement in my opinion. They will still leak goals and Ter Stegen will still freeze.

There's no way a striker of Lewa's quality can't pack hat tricks against the Alaves and Elches every game, that we've been struggling to take points from.

This is one of the best 9s in the world we're talking about.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
More generally, it is interesting how much we are managing to spend. 180m spent on Lewa, Raphinha and Ferran just in transfer fees alone and hundreds more in wages, with Christensen and Kessie's contracts too and possibly Kounde + others. Pay rise for Dembele etc.

People keep saying it should be impossible and Barca are broke, Barca are broke etc, our salary cap is too high and we're under 1:4, but the proof is in the pudding. We are spending more than any other team this window.

That leaves 2 possibilities for me. Either Laporta and Co are mortgaging the future of this club, or the economic situation was never that bad and they significantly exaggerated how bad our situation was.

Is it really a pay rise for Dembele? I really doubt it given the only such report is coming from his agent's buddy in France and his agent would obviously want to claim he got the better deal but given how long it all took and how Barca took a stance where they were fine with letting him leave tying up Raphinha I really, really doubt we gave him a higher salary.

Givenchy

No problem with the length of contract, Lewa won't be a parasite. When he knows his time is up, he'll be off to MLS to promote his brand.

No excuses next season, Xavi must deliver now.

Richard.H

It is almost certainly a gamble on the future of the club. In other words, if this season and upcoming seasons don't succeed and we don't make that money back we may be OFFICIALLY bankrupt and get bought out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

That part we already know is what they are doing. Selling assets to get not only cash but also purchasing power to sign players. What we don't know is how they will manage to fit all these players into our salary cap.

Kul_z

I think that messi, suarez, griez and coutinho were on fucking astronomical wages, for me its just plain stupid to think after offloading them that we were breaking fps. I think we could be fine, but what thd board does is to make things sustainable, which is reasonable. But who knows

FinBarcelonafan

People don't realize that Barca is one of the highest revenue-generating teams..

It's like they forgot Barcelona is one of the biggest clubs in the world.

These clubs will always spend big money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think that messi, suarez, griez and coutinho were on fucking astronomical wages, for me its just plain stupid to think after offloading them that we were breaking fps. I think we could be fine, but what thd board does is to make things sustainable, which is reasonable. But who knows

The thing is, last season, without the likes of Messi, Suarez, Greizmann and Coutinho our wage bill was apparently still around 650m, 150m or so more than Bayern, according to Romeu I believe.

Unbelievable how our wage management got this bad.

ajnotkeith

Is it really a pay rise for Dembele? I really doubt it given the only such report is coming from his agent's buddy in France and his agent would obviously want to claim he got the better deal but given how long it all took and how Barca took a stance where they were fine with letting him leave tying up Raphinha I really, really doubt we gave him a higher salary.

Impossible to tell since both sides are leaking different information but the fact they set the release clause at €100m was interesting to me, given we usually set our release clauses sky high even for trash players.

Seemed like a concession made to Dembele if he does very well next season and wants to leave, that the release fee isn't relatively that high to our other players.

Also we allegedly gave Kessie 6.5 net a year so would be shocked if Dembele took a lower wage than that. The Barca media stuff about the 40% paycut is suspect for sure.

Kul_z

The thing is, last season, without the likes of Messi, Suarez, Greizmann and Coutinho our wage bill was apparently still around 650m, 150m or so more than Bayern, according to Romeu I believe.

How the fuck is that possible? Thats 30 player squad on 10m net per year salary. Thats abominal

ajnotkeith

That part we already know is what they are doing. Selling assets to get not only cash but also purchasing power to sign players. What we don't know is how they will manage to fit all these players into our salary cap.

But is it calculated, with the losses in income accounted for and predicted with plans in case these signings go wrong/sporting objectives go wrong? Or is it just a roll of the dice?

Givenchy

Frenkie and the amigos (sounds like a band :lol:) to go and our wages should look a lot better. We still owe Messi and Pique though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
But is it calculated, with the losses in income accounted for and predicted with plans in case these signings go wrong/sporting objectives go wrong? Or is it just a roll of the dice?

No idea. I think selling assets definitely has a positive impact on our salary cap but not sure how much of it it does, no idea how it is calculated and what our salary cap is for the 22/23 season. But I can't imagine our wage salary cap to go from negative 144m to a positive 600m-sh figure all of sudden because of us selling assets. How are they going to register all these players?

Considering we terminated contract with EY and signed with Grant Thornton, I hope these is no monkey business going on in the back office.

Home of Barca Fans