Thibaut Courtois

El Gato

Villarato!
I think if keeps it up he's got a shot at being the best keeper ever
He's already had the iconic moments Casillas did and won the one title that always eluded Buffon

messi2140

6racies Xavi
this can easily be a GOAT performance from a gk

Been thinking for quite a while but I can't remember a GK performance like that in the CL final especially in my lifetime. Maybe the older members saw a better GK performance back in the 80s , 70s etc..

khaled_a_d

Been thinking for quite a while but I can't remember a GK performance like that in CL final especially in my lifetime. Maybe the older members saw a better GK performance back in the 80s , 70s etc..

I think 2001 UCL final had 2 good GK performance, but it is long history now so maybe I am wrong
Cech on 2012 was on a mission too

khaled_a_d

Fair enough man.

Where you would you place this Courtois performance compared to the last 21 years.

That is the 3rd time a GK wins CL final motm (after Kahn in 2001 & Van Der Sar in 2008) and I would say Cech deserved it more than Drogba in 2012.
In all those previous 3 finals it reached penalty shootout which count more for a GK.
I think for a 90 minutes performance, tonight is probably the best. Now if you take extra time and penalties into account it is still probably there but not sure if it is "undeniably" the best

KingLeo10

Half of the reason why that Chelsea side from 04-12 was so annoying was because Petr Cech in his prime was an absolute wall.

He's hella underrated because of his years at Arsenal.

SmilerBam

I think if keeps it up he's got a shot at being the best keeper ever
He's already had the iconic moments Casillas did and won the one title that always eluded Buffon

That liquour you drank after this win affects your mind. Btw, Neuer is better than all of them( Casillas and Buffon and obviously, Courtois).

serghei

Half of the reason why that Chelsea side from 04-12 was so annoying was because Petr Cech in his prime was an absolute wall.

He's hella underrated because of his years at Arsenal.

Similar to this Madrid. Courtois and Benzema are a pain in the ass to play against just like Drogba and Cech were back then.

SmilerBam

Been thinking for quite a while but I can't remember a GK performance like that in the CL final especially in my lifetime. Maybe the older members saw a better GK performance back in the 80s , 70s etc..
That s because RealMadrid undid themselves once again: the jammiest CL winners ever.

Home of Barca Fans