Jordi Alba

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Marca said:
Alba's name has come up as a possible big-name player that may depart the Camp Nou this summer, but he has made clear that he hopes to retire at the club.

"I have three years left on my contract and I think I am capable of [staying for the remainder of my deal]," he noted.

"The club's decision is up to them and my intention is to stay at Barcelona for life."

690.jpg

Last edited:

Messi983

Jordi, are you OK?

I don't know.

Seriously though, wouldn't mind selling him (even if it's to Atletico; maybe Suarez can do us a favor and recruit him) and getting Gaya. But it's highly unlikely if not impossible.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

People seeing Alba cry : omg what a wuss

Meanwhile Cried: Messi (in the field multiple times)/CR7(in the field multiple times)/Buffon/Beckham (for a red card :p) / Neymar(too many times) ....etc

And of course many more but no camera to spot it.

Any emotional burst whether it's extreme anger or extreme sadness shows that the player do care about what's happening.

Now Alba having this state of emotional break at half time = sub him

He was seeing Roma all over again while the team is dead silent with no one to motivate the troops.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

People seeing Alba cry : omg what a wuss

Meanwhile Cried: Messi (in the field multiple times)/CR7(in the field multiple times)/Buffon/Beckham (for a red card :p) / Neymar(too many times) ....etc

And of course many more but no camera to spot it.

Any emotional burst whether it's extreme anger or extreme sadness shows that the player do care about what's happening.

Now Alba having this state of emotional break at half time = sub him

He was seeing Roma all over again while the team is dead silent with no one to motivate the troops.

Crying is human but if you have to cry while your team leads 3-1 (overall) then you have a weak mentality. He is not 18 years old who plays the first time a big match, this man is fucking 32 years. I agree, we lacked a leader who can motivate the team. Everyone looked on the floor like the 0-4 already has happened in half time.

FinBarcelonafan

Crying is human but if you have to cry while your team leads 3-1 (overall) then you have a weak mentality. He is not 18 years old who plays the first time a big match, this man is fucking 32 years. I agree, we lacked a leader who can motivate the team. Everyone looked on the floor like the 0-4 already has happened in half time.

True. It's about the situation not crying. Crying is natural in some situations.

People say he is so feat offensively and it's true he has many assists but let's think a bit how. He gets almost the entire left wing to himself, is given balls constantly, especially by Messi. He makes a lot of crosses every game and 90% of the crosses are pass backs to Messi through which are blocked by 5 ppl who are in the way. So for the amount of opportunities and balls he is given he is insanely wasteful. His offensive movement is good but final ball is really not. He had a few weeks of play when he actually attempted high crosses and iwl was surprised how good they were, I think it was during the final rounds of Copa.
But vs good teams he is insanely predictable, ease tally a one trick pony who is terrible at defense and has such a limited passing range. Would it jot be better if barca got a defensively reliable fullback who is competent in the attack and is much more balanced? In the cl the first order should be not to concede and with alba it'd an impossible task.

LFCB

People say he is so feat offensively and it's true he has many assists but let's think a bit how. He gets almost the entire left wing to himself, is given balls constantly, especially by Messi. He makes a lot of crosses every game and 90% of the crosses are pass backs to Messi through which are blocked by 5 ppl who are in the way. So for the amount of opportunities and balls he is given he is insanely wasteful. His offensive movement is good but final ball is really not. He had a few weeks of play when he actually attempted high crosses and iwl was surprised how good they were, I think it was during the final rounds of Copa.
But vs good teams he is insanely predictable, ease tally a one trick pony who is terrible at defense and has such a limited passing range. Would it jot be better if barca got a defensively reliable fullback who is competent in the attack and is much more balanced? In the cl the first order should be not to concede and with alba it'd an impossible task.

Completely agree, I've been saying this exact thing ever since Barca lost all their wingers! If Dembele had been reliable since his arrival we may have seen the end of Alba years ago but considering there is literally nobody else to provide width and make a chance he has glossed over many cracks in attack. You move on to his defensive capabilities and he is sunday league at best.

iniestaGOAT

He is a mental midget and a coward who is scared of balls being shot at him. If he had half the heart dani alves had he would still be serviceable despite his defensive deficiencies.

Home of Barca Fans