Ronald Koeman

serghei

Longest ongoing unbeaten run in top 5 leagues after City's loss.

0c5jpha70ol61.jpg

Very encouraging.

Barcilliant

We were never going to compete for the CL to begin with. I wouldn't judge him to harshly on that. I don't think we have the personnel to compete with the top teams in Europe at this moment. Actually, most people didn't even give us a chance to compete in Spain and we're clost to Athleti and in the Copa final. That's a huge accomplishment imo and that's where he should be judged.

Precisely. Well said.
This season was all about transition. We should have moved on from Pique, Busquets and Alba too but our squad is too thin. It's not Koemans fault that we are in te worst period in our recent history.

Horatio

You're welcome
Precisely. Well said.
This season was all about transition. We should have moved on from Pique, Busquets and Alba too but our squad is too thin. It's not Koemans fault that we are in te worst period in our recent history.

Yep. This season was supposed to be about transition.....until we started showing the slightest of improvement and people moved the goal-post to "treble or death" all of a sudden.

serghei

It is about transition, but some of the losses of Koeman in CL, namely 1-7 at home to washed-up Juve + PSG are bad marks on the season.

Koeman did a good job though overall. I enjoy watching our games. So, those black marks don't outweigh the positives.

malvolio

sergio conceicao goes to torino and qualifies with an average porto side.

koeman has to not lose 0-3 at home against the same juventus and does just that.

he'll probably get to coach next season if we win copa. but otherwise i don't see him as a manager to have on the long run.

Last edited:

Rassvet

sergio conceicao goes to torino and qualifies with an average porto side.

koeman has to not lose 0-3 at home against he same juventus and does just that.

he'll probably get to coach next season if we win copa. but otherwise i don't see him as a manager to have on the long run.

That game against us was literally the easiest match I've seen Juve have all season. Even Italian farmers dont get carved apart like we did in the first half.

malvolio

That game against us was literally the easiest match I've seen Juve have all season. Even Italian farmers dont get carved apart like we did in the first half.

i mean, what would have happened if messi didn't get his head straight in december? koeman would have been at home right now, jobless.

don't get me wrong, he seems like a guy that cares for the club and wants us to succeed. but the job seems too big for him.

Vilarrubi

Let’s hope next season we buy a new CB whoever is manager. Playing Pique-Lenglet in PSG game was criminal, those two should never play alone and never in big games again. At least Koeman saw his mistake and added a 3rd CB in later games which he deserves respect for. Let’s hope we buy a decent CB and we can have him and Araujo starting next season.

vegitot

What the? We are adding the goals of different losses now to make a point? Is this new? Never seen that before.
Also, bad marks are to be expected if you accept(which everyone did during the summer) club was at one of its historic lowpoints.

Still you would expect a better result than that pathetic loss against Juventus. They could score more than 3 but they felt it is enough then stopped. Not even Seriea midtable team would give Juventus such an easy game this season and Barca lost heavily at home twice as well.

Koeman has done well till now though i don't know if he faces another big loss vs PSG, will you guys change your view???

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The best thing this system have done is that we're finding easier passing lanes to move the ball forward and freed up Alba and Dest.

Just need better CBs(Araujo and one or two others) and an actual striker to lead the line instead of Dembele who finishes 1/10 chances.

El Gato

Villarato!
If there's anything to hand to Koeman, is that for the first time since as far as the treble(?) Barca gets eliminated with a bit of dignity.

Which is a bit annoying. I've still had my laughs, but Im underwhelmed.

KingLeo10

If there's anything to hand to Koeman, is that for the first time since as far as the treble(?) Barca gets eliminated with a bit of dignity.

AM 15/16 was a close encounter where we were unlucky.

SmilerBam

Don t worry.We laugh harder about Madrid.You probably gonna end in a lower place than the shittest Barca team since Van Gaal.

SmilerBam

Impressed by Barca today.With a cf and a cb, next season we will be better.I doubted Koeman for a long time, but he seems to bring us on the right track.Still, let s see how we finish this season.

Home of Barca Fans