Ronald Koeman

Bobo32

The lineup for today was good (I obviously prefer the one from after the first change, but still)
As someone wrote in the chat, the subs after that first one reeked of Koeman, but the starting lineup or the first change really didn't. I wonder what the situation was here...

Andresito

Staff member
FARg2oXXoAEpTE3

Horatio

You're welcome
Especially interesting because only few seasons ago all the outlets and pundits were pointing out how high the median age was for Barca.

Bobo32

Especially interesting because only few seasons ago all the outlets and pundits were pointing out how high the median age was for Barca.

Shouldn't really be in this thread, I think.
Sure he has often used young players, but he uses all the old players he has available too! He moaned about losing many of them, and now he says Barcelona cannot compete because of the squad.
It's the club that has gotten rid of alot of the terrible signings in the last two years, not Koeman (maybe he was very involved in Suarez leaving though)

Horatio

You're welcome
You present the following as if they are contradictory:

He moaned about losing many of them, and now he says Barcelona cannot compete because of the squad.

Even though, if true in first place, this is consistent.

Stop with the deception and misdirection.

Bobo32

You present the following as if they are contradictory:

Even though, if true in first place, this is consistent.

Stop with the deception and misdirection.

No, they are complementary, that's why I used "and" and not "but".

They are both contradictory to him wanting to use a lot of young players though, and that's what I argued. He preferred to use Griezmann and Messi, I am sure he'd prefer Rakitic too. Pjanic is pretty much the only old player he didn't play every chance he got.

Horatio

You're welcome

They are both contradictory to him wanting to use a lot of young players though, and that's what I argued. He preferred to use Griezmann and Messi, I am sure he'd prefer Rakitic too. Pjanic is pretty much the only old player he didn't play every chance he got.

Doesn’t prove much. Rarely will a coach that has his eyes set on rejuvenating the team do it in one swoop. If he had replaced those players in a short window people would be accusing him of unbalancing team without any veterans and throwing the youngsters out there with wolves.

Birdy

Terrible take
He was benching one of Cou, Griez, and Dembouz every time last Sept-Oct to use Pedri as a starter
That says and proves it all.
No need to add more to it.

You are biased once again

Gari

Ronald Koeman: "We have to be realistic. Today, with the changes we are making with the team, it is difficult to keep up with very big teams." [movistar] You can't stop him. Although it's true. But...

Home of Barca Fans