Ronald Koeman

xXKonan

The only period when things looked up was during last season when we were doing okay with the 3-4-3/3-5-2 variant when it appeared the squad was clicking. But it all fell apart once we came back from the International break. Atletico blew their lead and we and Real had that chance to win the league but those final 10 games I can't put into words how shit fell apart.

That was when I just basically gave up It felt like it was self-sabotage in those final 10 games how we threw it away due to some questionable decisions by Koeman.

fergus90

The momentum lost at the end of last season carried through. I was all for letting him see out his contract seeing as we didn't dismiss him in the summer, although I think top 4 under him was genuinely in danger.

It's healthy for both Barca and Koeman to part ways now.

Horatio

You're welcome
Watching Forca Koeman. It's only 30 minutes and 3 eps.

First ep shows him meeting with Bartomeu in a restaurant La Pena. This is what he told Bartomeu during that meeting before signing the contract "I want to continue with him[Messi]. Because I want him to remain the best player in the world, which he is. But he should to know there will be changes in the team. I am not talking about names specifically but something needs to change. We are going to give young players chances. We are going to ask Messi if he agrees with these ideas. If not, no hard feelings."

So yeah...idea that Koeman only played youth because he was forced which was proposed by people...nuts.

fergus90

Also the writing is on the wall for you when every week there is a list of excuses and publicly slandering the quality of the team, that cannot be a motivation for any player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Watching Forca Koeman. It's only 30 minutes and 3 eps.

First ep shows him meeting with Bartomeu in a restaurant La Pena. This is what he told Bartomeu during that meeting before signing the contract "I want to continue with him[Messi]. Because I want him to remain the best player in the world, which he is. But he should to know there will be changes in the team. I am not talking about names specifically but something needs to change. We are going to give young players chances. We are going to ask Messi if he agrees with these ideas. If not, no hard feelings."

So yeah...idea that Koeman only played youth because he was forced which was proposed by people...nuts.

That's all good and credit to Koeman for giving these players their debuts and more playing time, although he didn't really make that many changes did he? Only player he kicked out is Suarez while Pique, Busquets and Roberto either started or kept a big role.

In terms of making those actual changes he was a bit disappointing IMO, but perhaps his hands were tied.....

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
As for Koeman's next step then I think he should return to the Dutch NT when Van Gaal presumably leaves at the end of the 2022 WC.

His career in club football is over. He's failed to adapt with time and changes. At best I think a club in Netherlands could suit him for a short-term stint, perhaps PSV or Alkmaar.

Messigician

Bad for his legacy bros

🚨[ @moillorens🥇] | Ronald Koeman isn't going to forgive even a single penny to the club following the termination of his contract. #FCBlive

OGbarca

Banned
contract is a contract. just as shitty as when the club attempted to withhold what it owed setien.

his sacking is well worth the price though, he was absolutely dismal.

Home of Barca Fans