Ronald Koeman

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He won't be fired unless we fail to make the R16 and/or we're in serious danger of missing top four in the league to qualify for the CL.....

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This is a tough one with no easy way out... We can't sack him due to financial reasons, we also don't want players to take over (mostly the seniors obviously), there aren't really any options for immediate replacement except Xavi and capable managers will hesitate to come to this mess and would also cost a lot...

Xavi looks like the only possible option, but I don't really feel he's ready yet, especially with some of his ex team mates still in the squad... Ideally a Ten Hag profile manager would be best, but our hands are tied financially and it would take a lot of convincing to get someone like him to join...

Mateka

Barca are between a rock and a hard place as far as a manager goes. Koeman for the foreseeable future appears the order, or disorder, of the day. Financially he is too expensive to sack. As the first manager in the post Messi era, others may prefer him to continue for a season or two, until they would consider coming to Barca.

mc_lovin

I can't stand Koeman, but I guess it's not the most unreasonable choice to keep him for now. Next coach will be vital and we shouldn't take rash decisions.

Windhook

Losing El Clasico or La Liga games is nothing fatal. More important for the club is to progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League. If Koeman fails to do so - he's gone.

Raketa10

Losing El Clasico or La Liga games is nothing fatal. More important for the club is to progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League. If Koeman fails to do so - he's gone.

It's much more important to qualify for the next year's CL than to pass the group. Even if we progress to the knockout stages we will be knocked out immediately. In contrast failing to qualify for the next year's CL would have horrible consequences. We would for sure lose some of the sponsors and we wouldn't be able to sign any half decent player next summer. People in our club are really gambling with this clown on our bench. It's obvious he isn't the solution and they are just postponing the inevitable.

JamDav1982

A fit Dembele and Pedri makes a big difference to the team yesterday.

Not Dembeles biggest fan at all but he is the only player with pace that is a threat if left one on one out wide. He is the best winger at the club.. sadly.

Pedri showed last season what he brings when fit and is better than Gavi can show week in week out now.

Allows Dest to go to RB also and improves options off the bench.

The game yesterday there was little in and been far worse from team set up this season.

iniestaGOAT

A fit Dembele and Pedri makes a big difference to the team yesterday.

Not Dembeles biggest fan at all but he is the only player with pace that is a threat if left one on one out wide. He is the best winger at the club.. sadly.

Pedri showed last season what he brings when fit and is better than Gavi can show week in week out now.

Allows Dest to go to RB also and improves options off the bench.

The game yesterday there was little in and been far worse from team set up this season.

Give up on dembele being fit bro, even if he is fit he will be gone in few months.

Koeman needs to go ASAP even watching the game is torture.

JamDav1982

Give up on dembele being fit bro, even if he is fit he will be gone in few months.

Koeman needs to go ASAP even watching the game is torture.

As said 'when fit'. Will see how he goes.

Yesterday was not torture for me. Two fairly even matched sides overall lacking quality.

Barca have players that when all fit and up to speed should make a big difference.

malvolio

koeman's fate was decided before the start of the season when laporta wanted to fire him but changed his mind.

season is about damage limitation and finishing in CL place. not even sure a CL group elimination would change laporta's mind.

koeman will have to swallow his pride and be the scape goat if he wants the money.

mc_lovin

koeman's fate was decided before the start of the season when laporta wanted to fire him but changed his mind.

season is about damage limitation and finishing in CL place. not even sure a CL group elimination would change laporta's mind.

koeman will have to swallow his pride and be the scape goat if he wants the money.

He gets his money anyway. Either 12ME now if he gets sacked or the remaining salary+the reported 6ME bonus at the end of his contract (for paying some of the release money to the Dutch federation?).

I can understand Laporta though. Season is a write off even if he doesn't publicly admit it.

Home of Barca Fans