Ronald Koeman

Birdy

There's been reports we're looking after another CB. They love de Ligt, but think it's almost impossible to sign him even with players involved in the deal. We've been linked to the likes of Pau Torres, Jules Kounde and Lisandro Martinez.

If both Griezman and Coutinho are sold - which should happen. With Messi staying and Depay, Dembele, Fati, and Aguero around I don't see them useful or being any better than them -
If the squad fodder (like Roberto, Braithwate, Firpo, Umtiti, etc) is sold
then we might have some money to pursue De ligt or Laporte
We need that kind of calibre CB

PS: All of the free agents that are coming (Kun, Garcia, Emerson, Wini, Depay) have a market value of 135m all together (according to the valuation of Transfermarkt).
That's good business

Joan

Doubt the roumor myself. If Laporta was actually talking about formations, it could be what the club prefers. 4-3-3 being Barca's trademark. But limiting a coach to a certain formation doesn't sound reasonable and can't see him doing it. 4-3-3 is famous enough among Barca fanbase for journalists to present it as a possible popular move, not some highly random piece of info.

Nazario1985

Doubt the roumor myself. If Laporta was actually talking about formations, it could be what the club prefers. 4-3-3 being Barca's trademark. But limiting a coach to a certain formation doesn't sound reasonable and can't see him doing it. 4-3-3 is famous enough among Barca fanbase for journalists to present it as a possible popular move, not some highly random piece of info.

Koeman is limiting himself the other way with his stupid formation.

Laporta as a President is in his rights to express he is not happy with the way we play.

The only exception when you handle everything to a coach is when you know he has a clear philosophy that match yours and that he have the IQ to implement it and Koeman does not fall into that category.

FinBarcelonafan

I thought our game improved in a sense of entertainment quite a bit last season. It was much more exciting than the Setien/Valverde years.

Even though bitter end for the season.

Seeing new youngsters and good work rate was something fresh.

Birdy

I thought our game improved in a sense of entertainment quite a bit last season. It was much more exciting than the Setien/Valverde years.

Even though bitter end for the season.

Seeing new youngsters and good work rate was something fresh.

and the new formations used were refreshing..

That kind of narrow-minded idealism "Barca always plays 4-3-3" has to die out

Nazario1985

Our games were refreshing ? and better than under EV ? have you watched pretty much all our 2nd halves ?

I'll call it at best "zzzzzz" football where we can't even get the result.

If you want to understand what kind of football style RK can bring if given 100% the keys just watch his previous work ... he has none

serghei

Sure, but we all know that Schreuder is behind the main tactical plans.
It was not Koeman's idea to change to 4-3-3, or then to change to 3-5-2, or then to change to 3-4-3.
It was Schreuder's idea, and Koeman took the decision to go by what he thought.

Do you prefer the team to play as Laporta thinks the team should play?

Can't believe you say this as a Koeman supporter :lol:

What does Koeman do then? The subs and press conferences?

iniestaGOAT

Our football last season was not more entertaining. Not as a whole.

There were moments when it was entertaining. One of the best. Like the old days. But those were very short moments.

serghei

So what's our expectations for the next season?

Assuming Wijnaldum and Depay are signed too, Ansu is healthy again and we possibly sign another CB as well.

La Liga win no doubt especially after 2 back to back seasons with no title win. CL semis are reachable. Anything better than that is a great performance from the managing staff.

If Koeman stays he already had his settling in season. The objective should be clear. Win the title and prove you can make the next step after this season's failure.

I'm not one to take Copa lightly either. But it's not enough.

Last edited:

Rassvet

So what's our expectations for the next season?

Assuming Wijnaldum and Depay are signed too, Ansu is healthy again and we possibly sign another CB as well.

Respectable R16 exit and a serious title challenge unless Madrid sign Mbappe

serghei

Respectable R16 exit and a serious title challenge unless Madrid sign Mbappe

:lol: Round of 16 exit. Even fucking Porto, Leipzig and Lyon made quarters and semis.

Semis unless draw of death in the QF.

If we don't get banned that is :lol:. Then we can pretend we would've won it and UEFA robbed us.

Rassvet

La Liga win no doubt especially after 2 back to back seasons with no title win. CL semis are reachable. Anything better than that is a great performance from the managing staff.

If Koeman stays he already had his settling in season. The objective should be clear. Win the title and prove you can make the next step after this season's failure.

I'm not one to take Copa lightly either. But it's not enough.

CL semis reachable? Not sure about that dawg

Rassvet

:lol: Round of 16 exit. Even fucking Porto, Leipzig and Lyon made quarters and semis.

Semis unless draw of death in the QF.

If we don't get banned that is :lol:. Then we can pretend we would've won it and UEFA robbed us.

and there are plenty of teams much better than our current one that didnt reach the quarters either

serghei

CL semis reachable? Not sure about that dawg

Let's see the group first. We should've won the group this year, and beat Porto. So this is quarters. If you have luck in the quarters draw (the first open draw basically, the big one), the semifinals are very reasonable. Like Madrid this year. Fucking Atalanta in 10 men, and a Liverpool with a Premiership defense :lol:.

Home of Barca Fans