Ronald Koeman

BarcaOG

Banned
had this happened had that happened. im not going to engage speculative arguments. managers have to deal with what is before them and on that front every time koeman had a game he had to win before him, he lost. youre seriously going with the 'had-we-drawn-napoli' type arguments? had this had that. had i a million dollars.

edit: this is @ birdy

henias

Koeman said yesterday that he and the team demanded respect, only for him to say This squad doesn't have the level we want at Barca today.

It's true this squad isn't great but it's ironic the guy rushed to play Pique and Roberto when they were remotely fit and nowhere near good enough to play in the crucial part of the season. Guy basically sabotaged what made things finally click.

Well, the very root of it is that he doesnt trust youngsters at all.

He gambled with Pedri hoping he can fill the shoes of those who left eg. Iniesta, Rakitic. While those who havent left are those he is clinging his dear life onto. eg. Pique, Roberto, Busquets

Injuries forced his hand.

End of.

BarcaOG

Banned
clubs like Real, Bayern and Chelsea do demand titles. and if their managers dont achieve that, they get the sack. is it a coincidence theyre very successful clubs? i dont think so. the idea that fc barcelona which is like the 3rd richest club shouldnt 'demand' titles or wait for 3-4 year cycles before doing so is defeatism at its worst.

KingLeo10

clubs like Real, Bayern and Chelsea do demand titles. and if their managers dont achieve that, they get the sack. is it a coincidence theyre very successful clubs? i dont think so. the idea that fc barcelona which is like the 3rd richest club shouldnt 'demand' titles or wait for 3-4 year cycles before doing so is defeatism at its worst.

Barcelona has won more titles than all of those clubs in the last 15 years...which is when Chelsea even became relevant.

:lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Barcelona has won more titles than all of those clubs in the last 15 years...which is when Chelsea even became relevant.

Anyways, we are loosing the title of a big club, our club is falling down since several years. After the 15-16 it looks like get worse every year. We need to change something therewith we dont end like Milan 2.0.

BarcaOG

Banned

..and your point is? we are a bit less ruthless than those clubs, but we too fired setien, EV and tata when they didnt deliver. for two years now we have been tolerating failure and it is no coincidence that for those two years we have won basically nothing. when you signal to your players and managers that they can lose as much as they want without consequences there are no incentives to improve

BarcaOG

Banned
[MENTION=1742]BarcaOG[/MENTION]

I answered all your points already.

you really havent. your responses depend on fanciful hypotheticals. i dont engage with fantasy. what do you make of Malvolios point, then? he shows our record in the league is actually worse this year. what hypothetical will you use to deflect that? had messi had a better start? had we kept surarez? had we...

a better manager? ;)

KingLeo10

..and your point is? we are a bit less ruthless than those clubs, but we too fired setien, EV and tata when they didnt deliver. for two years now we have been tolerating failure and it is no coincidence that for those two years we have won basically nothing. when you signal to your players and managers that they can lose as much as they want without consequences there are no incentives to improve

My point is that you make idiotic claims like we aren't as ruthless as Chelsea when they've won a grand total of 5 league titles and 1 CL in the last 15 years while being "ruthless"...while we have 10 league titles and 4 CL.

No one is saying the last 2-3 years should be the standard at Barcelona. We got extremely lucky with the golden generation and then we got very unlucky with Barto and his board. But maybe not try being an absolute gloryhunting melt who demands major trophies every season. That happens at NO club. It hasn't in the last 60-70 years of elite football.

BarcaOG

Banned
My point is that you make idiotic claims like we aren't as ruthless as Chelsea when they've won a grand total of 5 league titles and 1 CL in the last 15 years while being "ruthless"...while we have 10 league titles and 4 CL.

No one is saying the last 2-3 years should be the standard at Barcelona. We got extremely lucky with the golden generation and then we got very unlucky with Barto and his board. But maybe not try being an absolute gloryhunting melt who demands major trophies every season. That happens at NO club. It hasn't in the last 60-70 years of elite football.

ok boomer :thumbsup::mingueza:

Birdy

you really havent. your responses depend on fanciful hypotheticals. i dont engage with fantasy. what do you make of Malvolios point, then? he shows our record in the league is actually worse this year. what hypothetical will you use to deflect that? had messi had a better start? had we kept surarez? had we...

a better manager? ;)

If you don't answer all my points, you already admit defeat.
I gave you examples that had happened of why your 'every year we should win' line is totally wrong.

As for Malvolio's point, he is wrong.
It's very simple, I have explained it tons of times in the past.
Out total xG this season is far superior than last season (72.3 non penalty xG to 61.9 in 19/20).
The reason we scored 1 less is that our attackers have been pretty bad in converting their clear chances this season, while last season it was the opposite: they were converting half-chances.

So this shows exactly that Koeman did a much better job that both Valverde and Setien in improving how this team attacks. His players let him down, some of which were saving Valverde's life week in week out for some long while...

Home of Barca Fans