Ronald Koeman

Bobo32

Koeman is not a man that will let any player intimidate him. Just goes against his nature. He's sadly just not a very good manager even if he has a strong personality.

I guess you could see it as strong to ask Puig to help him keep his job in the last five minutes today, but in another way it was a very weak move.

jairzinho

Koeman is not a man that will let any player intimidate him. Just goes against his nature. He's sadly just not a very good manager even if he has a strong personality.

I like his personality but it seems he is tactically limited. What I was impressed by the most is his trust of the young players, Mingueza, Pedri, Illaix, Aurujo etc, but he has made some pretty weird decisions lately that has cost us points. In the first 2 or 3 months of the year when we had that long unbeaten streak playing some good football too I thought that was impressive but the way we collapsed in the end is a huge red flag. Don't think he continues for next year.

Birdy

This, unfortunately. The oldies will be regulars and Xavi is done after one season.

Not only that.
Xavi will be discussing the lineup with his buddies. LOL

How can he ever be Barca coach with his fomer teammates and friends around?
Impossible

Windhook

People who wants Barca to sack Koeman, who do you prefer instead?

I say we go for Carlo Ancelotti. Appointing Xavi this summer seems like a quick sacking in the winter with Barca sitting 25 points behind Atleti and Real Madrid. Why you'd ask? I don't think Xavi would be comfortable managing the old guard - Messi, Pique, Busquets, previous teammates that know his character too well. Not his time, yet.

fergus90

If we were continuing with the likes of Dest, Mingueza etc and we finished 3rd I'd be absolutely fine with it, it's a learning curve and a proper transition. But to squander months of good work to shoehorn Pique and Roberto back in to then fumble the season has done it for me.

Just imagine next season with Coutinho available as well. Anyone thinks hes getting sold with Koeman around better think otherwise, he'd shoehorn him in the side too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we were continuing with the likes of Dest, Mingueza etc and we finished 3rd I'd be absolutely fine with it, it's a learning curve and a proper transition. But to squander months of good work to shoehorn Pique and Roberto back in to then fumble the season has done it for me.

Just imagine next season with Coutinho available as well. Anyone thinks hes getting sold with Koeman around better think otherwise, he'd shoehorn him in the side too.

If it had been up to Koeman...Pedri would not be playing for Barca this season. He said so himself publicly and Pedri confirmed that Koeman recommended him going on loan before the season started as well.

Koeman was 100% planning with Coutinho as his starter in the midfield.

Home of Barca Fans