Ronald Koeman

Gnidrologist

His football is getting stale. He shows the signs of a mediocre coach, which he most likely is and will never improve on it. We play useless impotent keepball against most serioius opponents still relying on 40 year old Messi to bail us. He did a decent job of rejuvenating the team and getting out of even more bad situation than we were, but that's his limits. He is abysmal tactically against any top tier opposition and makes stupid substitutions all the time. I'd rather he'd went after this season.

serghei

His football is getting stale. He shows the signs of a mediocre coach, which he most likely is and will never improve on it. We play useless impotent keepball against most serioius opponents still relying on 40 year old Messi to bail us. He did a decent job of rejuvenating the team and getting out of even more bad situation than we were, but that's his limits. He is abysmal tactically against any top tier opposition and makes stupid substitutions all the time. I'd rather he'd went after this season.

Yea, I mean the whole thing is about making the team competitive at the top. Which he shows no sign of being able to do. We're always expected to beat the weaker sides, this is the bare minimum as Barca's manager, and even in this register, he had quite a few dud results.

I mean, with the points Madrid and Atletico lost, if he was at least very consistent vs weaker sides, he'd have won the league. But even here he fucked up. He seems to have a problem in important games even against weaker sides, and this also shows his limits.

clemente

He's not going anywhere, we are so desperate for money we took the Superleague deal, can only hope he will somehow improve next season.

FCBfan22

The thing that baffles me most is... He switched sistem for the RM game... Didn't work. Kept the same system in next few games... We won, but they were not convincing victories (except Getafe, who had 1 shot on target). Still went with the same system. Lost against Granada... Still the same system.

Before he used to explore options and switch things up. Now, he goes for the same thing over and over again, while having a vendetta againt some of the players, which results in 0 rotation.

FC B

Laporta needs to act and sack him at the end of the season but finding a much better coach isn't an easy task in the circumstances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well now that Laporta is back Pep will return because he loves the club and only thing that kept him away was Sandro/Barto.

No?

FinBarcelonafan

Allegri lol, I once saw a Lazio - Juve match 0-0 with him as a manager and it was the only match I remember seeing with 0 shots on target from both sides. :lol: Man is one of the most boring conservative managers you can get.

Wenger is the only one who can play good football out of the 3. With the other two it's like watching paint dry.

True, might as well sign Valverde back.

FinBarcelonafan

The thing that baffles me most is... He switched sistem for the RM game... Didn't work. Kept the same system in next few games... We won, but they were not convincing victories (except Getafe, who had 1 shot on target). Still went with the same system. Lost against Granada... Still the same system.

Before he used to explore options and switch things up. Now, he goes for the same thing over and over again, while having a vendetta againt some of the players, which results in 0 rotation.

Good point. We've been awful the past 4-5 matches.

Zebulun

what 'form' in 2021? Missing 1v1 chances against Granada at home? Completely inconsequential in matches against Atleti and Real--matches that, had he been 'in form' (whatever that means in this case), would have won us the league?

Yeah--no. Scoring against mickey mouse clubs while failing to win the must-win matches: that ain't 'good' form. If that's good form, christ, I don't even want to imagine what bad form would be.

this comment perfectly describes antoine griezmann :lol:

Vilarrubi

Joan Laporta isn’t fully convinced about Koeman. He thinks he struggles preparing matches and he’s not won any big games this season. [@gerardromero ]

Here we go.

mc_lovin

I just don't see an overall system, a philosophy on how he wants us to play, so I don't have much hope.

All fair points, but at least Koeman's 3-5-2 has been a somewhat decent life line for our abysmal squad, even winning a title. I am fairly in the Koeman out camp, but its not really an easy decision. To his credit he made it a rather hard one.

Last edited:

FCMessi

keep up the 3-5-2.

Umtiti, Lenglet, Pique.

keep warming the bench with fresh legs.

Double this season and UCL the next.

Home of Barca Fans