João Laporta

Andresito

Staff member
Maybe that would ruffle Ferrans feathers and make him want to prove himself even more, instead of sulking like a little bitch. It's good to have some anger and spite in youngsters.

Ferran's a cunt, I'm sure it'll trigger him.

Lucky he didn't say that about Alba.

Horatio

You're welcome
Joan Laporta a few months ago: "I like Pep and Txiki, but those bastards sold us Ferran Torres, when he can't score goals."Joan Laporta said this statement at a dinner after a tribute to Johan Cruyff. Many of the guests were recording with their cellphones, but the club asked them to delete the videos.
I think fiction. But such thoughts visit him.

Even if true, if it is made as casual joke among friends could be harmless. It is hard to read emotions going by simple quotes on twitter.

iniestaGOAT

I don't think it's appropriate to say that to 'over 50 people' knowing your words will probably be leaked soon after.

He is a club president not a fan, his words are important. As jamdav said above helps nobody and not the sort of thing a president should say publicly about a new young player.

Much better than Perez talking crap about Madrid legends

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So we terminated our contract with EY and signed with Grant Thornton (not one of the big 4s) to be our auditor apparently because EY was not on board with how Laporta and Co. handled players depreciations to reduce losses.

This does sound very shady to me.

Laporta's "family club" does not appear to be more transparent than Bartomeu's. More "-gates" brewing.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

So we terminated our contract with EY and signed with Grant Thornton (not one of the big 4s) to be our auditor apparently because EY was not on board with how Laporta and Co. handled players depreciations to reduce losses.

This does sound very shady to me.

Laporta's "family club" does not appear to be more transparent than Bartomeu's. More "-gates" brewing.

Yep, this club has become a vehicle for these guys to feed themselves and their amigos.
I also hate how Laporta has so much trust in Xavi. He's taking a huge gamble by spending so much money when we're in a difficult situation. If he is voted out in the next election his successor will have no room to manoeuvre.

Rassvet

Yep, this club has become a vehicle for these guys to feed themselves and their amigos.
I also hate how Laporta has so much trust in Xavi. He's taking a huge gamble by spending so much money when we're in a difficult situation. If he is voted out in the next election his successor will have no room to manoeuvre.

His successor can just sell off another 25% of future tv revenue then and kick the can down the road again

wisconsincule

Every president is going to kick the can until the can cannot be kicked any longer. When that happens we’ll be sold to the highest bidder.

Gari

President Laporta: "This week we will present Demb?l? and Raphinha."If Lewandowski and Kunde, then no one dreamed that it could be.

Andresito

Staff member
Regarding Dembele and Raphinha.

Laporta: "We're moderately happy with everything. We will have time to explain it tomorrow."

Moderately? A mistranslation?

serghei

Every president is going to kick the can until the can cannot be kicked any longer. When that happens we?ll be sold to the highest bidder.

It's pretty hard to avoid it. Revenue is impossible to keep up with the soaring prices, and for clubs like Barca and Madrid not going for the best players is a hard mentality to get used to. Football will be essentially a toy the mega rich will lose money for.

But I am not worried about Laporta. He is one of the most responsible types. A new Bartomeu will come and will sink us even more in the not too distant future. After all, Bartomeu didn't have to do much wrong to sink us. Did it almost silently and bam, everything started to collapse in just 2 years.

Last edited:

Gari

I read that Bartomeu signed Griezmann to reduce Messi's influence. In an interview, Bartomeu admitted that his contracting policy was risky, but did not admit that the club was on the verge of bankruptcy. Rossell generally said that their decade was the best ever in Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans