Pep Guardiola

serghei

Okay but I don't think this has anything to do with the Pep topic in question. Genuinely.

It does. Find me a post from 10 or 15 years ago randomly discussing if some 2000s manager was gay. :lol:

Agenda setting role of the media is one of the most powerful. The woke dumbness is very much interested into making someone's sexuality a massive topic.

It's IRRELEVANT.

It doesn't even have to be known. It's private. It's not anyone's business unless you make it.

Last edited:

Joan

It does. Find me a post from 10 or 15 years ago randomly discussing if some 2000s manager was gay. :lol:

I could about Pep when he was still a player.

You mostly say obvious stuff I don't disagree with. On the other hand, my sexuality or yours might be private but players usually have their lives public on social media and their sexuality is in spotlight.

I find it odd that there is no openly gay player on the highest level. The only one I can think of is Hitzlsperger and he came out after his career ended.

It is legit to question if that is due to the widespread homophobia in football community. Labelling it 'woke' doesn't make it a non issue.

Yes, in ideal conditions it is irrelevant. But the conditions are hardly ideal in football.

serghei

You mostly say obvious stuff I don't disagree with. On the other hand, my sexuality or yours might be private but players usually have their lives public on social media and their sexuality is in spotlight.

I find it odd that there is no openly gay player on the highest level. The only one I can think of is Hitzlsperger and he came out after his career ended.

It is legit to question if that is due to the widespread homophobia in football community. Labelling it 'woke' doesn't make it a non issue.

Yes, in ideal conditions it is irrelevant. But the conditions are hardly ideal in football.

I don't think it's odd.

It brings nothing good to say you are gay in football. It's a matter of reason. We are grown men, we make decisions and disclose things based on benefit. Football is a sport, not some psychological or therapeutic discipline that is supposed to make you feel better about yourself. Want that, go see a therapist or something. Saying you're gay in football doesn't bring absolutely anything good. ZERO.

The sane ones don't care if you're gay or not, and the crazy ones will give you abuse. There's also the chance you might actually be sexually attracted to a teammate (footballers are pretty hot some of them, and have great bodies). So, why do it?

ajnotkeith

Agenda setting role of the media is one of the most powerful. The woke dumbness is very much interested into making someone's sexuality a massive topic.

It's IRRELEVANT.

It doesn't even have to be known. It's private. It's not anyone's business unless you make it..

Someone says this every single time, and it is absolutely nonsense.

Can a gay player post pics with their partner like a straight player does? Can they go out in public without making headlines and being ridiculed? Can they get married publicly like another player would?

No they can't. Probably there are hundreds that have to keep their private life super secret out of fear. So it is not the same and it definitely isn't something that is typically private as players share pictures of them and their partner all the time.

Temptation

It's IRRELEVANT.

It doesn't even have to be known. It's private. It's not anyone's business unless you make it.

I might be in the minority but for me some players coming out should make it more accepting and tolerable in the Football world.

We have many openly gay players in women's football and they're accepting of it.

Not to be woke, but just think of it as a human. Why can't someone openly live their life? Who someone sleeps with shouldn't determine anything about the resoect they get; none of the world's business.

Temptation

A while back I thought Keita Balde came out or was caught or something. Sure I read something about this.

Catta

Racism is still a problem in the football world, and you expect football fans to accept gays. Even if players like Messi and Ronaldo came out, that wouldn't make it more accepting.

Football has more hooligans than any other sport, imagine if a random player comes out, the opposition fans would always target him with insults. Even most opposition players would take slight digs on him, just to get mess with his head during a game.

People are to stupid to accept a different skin tone and religion. When they fix those problems, then there will be a chance some players come out.

Nazario1985

Pep will be there until he doesnt want to be.

Read somewhere that someone in the palace isn't happy anymore and Mansour's days are counted.

10 years & many billions$$ spent for domestic trophies ! ...

They rather invest in a manager who know how to win competitions like CL, and hope for the best in the league than the opposite.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Read somewhere that someone in the palace isn't happy anymore and Mansour's days are counted.

10 years & many billions$$ spent for domestic trophies ! ...

They rather invest in a manager who know how to win competitions like CL, and hope for the best in the league than the opposite.

And who would that manager be?

Home of Barca Fans