Camp Nou

Xtroverto

What do you mean with 47.000 vs 40.000, are you talking about the surface of the stadium there?

The surface of the terraces where people are seated, it is not exact though, Camp Nou is slightly below 40 thousand and Wembley is slightly above 47 thousand.

Nice post, but aren't Arsenal often criticized for their ridiculous seat-prices (certainly compared to their performances on the pitch :)) Also, we shouldn't forget that Arsenal fans typically are rather wealthy, I guess (but that's a just guess) that most of Barca's socis aren't that wealthy, so suddenly increasing the ticket-prices a lot wouldn't be accepted I guess.

They arent that poor either, right now the club has very low season ticket prices, 100 euro the cheapest and 1000 euro the most expensive. Arsenals season tickets are 300 euro to 2000 euro. Ever wondered why only 50-60% of season ticket holders attend matches on average? It is easy to understand when you compare season tickets to matchday tickets. One season ticket equal about 4-8 matchday tickets at Camp Nou, and it includes 19 league + up to 4 Copa de Rey and free admission to Segunda division matches at the mini stadium.

those those stadiums bring in more revenues because they have more vip boxes, which is something a renovation will address, in fact its the biggest economic reason behind renovating.

Camp Nou already has VIP boxes, the problem is the structure, it can't be altered to accomondate modern facilities to any meaningfull extent. A renovation would include, improving the integrity of the main structure, building new access routes such as elevators, escalators and more stairs. New bathrooms and comercial areas (kiosks) and a roof. That is basically what a renovation will give, it will not turn the stadium into a money making machine like for example is Alliance Arena or Emirates. It will not solve the lack of parking such as a new parking structure would have done, it will not improve the comfort of the spectators, seating will remain the same, no extra legg room, the new roof will block sunlight and worsen the pitch, etc.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

The surface of the terraces where people are seated, it is not exact though, Camp Nou is slightly below 40 thousand and Wembley is slightly above 47 thousand.

They arent that poor either, right now the club has very low season ticket prices, 100 euro the cheapest and 1000 euro the most expensive. Arsenals season tickets are 300 euro to 2000 euro. Ever wondered why only 50-60% of season ticket holders attend matches on average? It is easy to understand when you compare season tickets to matchday tickets. One season ticket equal about 4-8 matchday tickets at Camp Nou, and it includes 19 league + up to 4 Copa de Rey and free admission to Segunda division matches at the mini stadium.

Camp Nou already has VIP boxes, the problem is the structure, it can't be altered to accomondate modern facilities to any meaningfull extent. A renovation would include, improving the integrity of the main structure, building new access routes such as elevators, escalators and more stairs. New bathrooms and comercial areas (kiosks) and a roof. That is basically what a renovation will give, it will not turn the stadium into a money making machine like for example is Alliance Arena or Emirates. It will not solve the lack of parking such as a new parking structure would have done, it will not improve the comfort of the spectators, seating will remain the same, no extra legg room, the new roof will block sunlight and worsen the pitch, etc.

I'm not an architect but couldn't a 'ringed' section on one of the tiers be removed and new VIP boxes added? Or is that just impossible/too expensive. Also maybe we could play at another stadium and rebuild the current one. We should also consider selling the naming rights for funding.

Xtroverto

I'm not an architect but couldn't a 'ringed' section on one of the tiers be removed and new VIP boxes added? Or is that just impossible/too expensive. Also maybe we could play at another stadium and rebuild the current one. We should also consider selling the naming rights for funding.

There is an additional problem, at Camp Nou, season ticket holders have bough their seats, not the right to attend the stadium, so the club has to provide the season ticket holders with similar seats, where are they going to find them? If you lose your seat close to the pitch, then you want a new seat with a similar distance to the pitch, how is the club going to solve that?

Kerrybai

There is an additional problem, at Camp Nou, season ticket holders have bough their seats, not the right to attend the stadium, so the club has to provide the season ticket holders with similar seats, where are they going to find them? If you lose your seat close to the pitch, then you want a new seat with a similar distans to the pitch, how is the club going to solve that?

Well how long have they bought that right for? Is it indefinite as a season ticket holder? I guess they would just have to move up to the higher tier. Playing 2 seasons at the olympic stadium could be a solution while a new stadium is built.

Xtroverto

Well how long have they bought that right for? Is it indefinite as a season ticket holder? I guess they would just have to move up to the higher tier. Playing 2 seasons at the olympic stadium could be a solution while a new stadium is built.

Well, it is a complicated history which has to do with the way the club financed the construction of the stadium, basically, season ticket holders bought a share in the stadium, they basically own the concrete they sit on for as long as they renovate their season ticket. This only apply to the original season ticket holders, which there are thousands of still alive. In fact, during the 1960s, the club then in heavy debt, used this selling of the seats as a way to promote season tickets. They sold tens of thousands in those years of which many still are around.

jamrock

everyone knows the camp nou already has VIP boxes, so I don't know why you are motioning the obvious the fact is it does not have enough and that is what the renovation will address, you are trying to argue that the renovation will not address anything structural which is will, going by laporta's design anyways, which is the only way we would be able to add an extra 10,000 seats and even more VIP boxes, its was all their in the proposal,

the renovation you are addressing is what rosell said he wanted and has sense quitted down on, no one wants to spend 100+ to just fix little issues, that would be a waste, which is why try has he might he will return to something like laporta proposed.

that's not a renovation anyways, just a face lift If that

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Although I love Camp Nou, I am in favor of a new stadium. It will give us way more options to expand the influence in the area from a business perspective, as well as commercially it will probably be more appealing. Hope the club will at least have loads of different plans, scenarios etc so the members can make an educated decision.

F

Flavia

Qatar-Airways-en-el-Camp-Nou_54393243054_54115221154_600_396.jpg

Qatar airways written in the gol nord(north goal)

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Qatar-Airways-en-el-Camp-Nou_54393243054_54115221154_600_396.jpg

Qatar airways written in the gol nord(north goal)

Slowly but gruadually we will go towards Camp Qatar Airways...

I would love for it to happen we would be able to build an entirely new hyper modern stadium named l'Estadi Joan Gamper. That would be the only thing that suits the club an honours Gamper in a suitable way, imo.

Kerrybai

^ Madrid are selling the naming rights to their stadium so I agree we should do the same. The money could fund a complete overhaul of our out of date stadium.

The Observer

I wouldn't mind it, depending on the sponsor of course. Emirates Stadium, Allianz Arena, Signal Iduna Park ... Secondary to me how commentators announce a stadium officially. If it brings 100s of millions Euros it's almost an obligation to do it for such a simple matter like the name of a building. Camp Nou could become Camp David Stadium, officially sponsored by the US Navy. :pep:

Neal Faradinho

I wouldn't mind it, depending on the sponsor of course. Emirates Stadium, Allianz Arena, Signal Iduna Park ... Secondary to me how commentators announce a stadium officially. If it brings 100s of millions Euros it's almost an obligation to do it for such a simple matter like the name of a building. Camp Nou could become Camp David Stadium, officially sponsored by the US Navy. :pep:

David? David Rockefeller?

Home of Barca Fans