Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jairzinho

If these are true, it seems that he won't want his image is damaged before coaching Barca. Stay in Qatar is best way.

Xavi knows there's a risk he could be exposed at a smaller club in Europe. It would ruin his chances of coaching Barca or some other top team.

Porque

Seems the type of rumour that pops up to build the interest in the Barcelona fans in their imminent arrival.

Tottenham being interested in Puig, but Puig showing to stay kind of thing.

AC Milan wanting Gustavo Maia before Barcelona signing him kind of thing.

Jadentheman

Xavi knows there's a risk he could be exposed at a smaller club in Europe. It would ruin his chances of coaching Barca or some other top team.

Dortmund isn't a small club. And if he fail he can make an excuse that he dealing with an inexperienced team made of mostly youth academy graduates.

Messigician

Man something wrong with him

The legendary Xavi Hern?ndez rejected an offer from Borussia Dortmund two months ago to become their manager for next season: he only thinks about Al Sadd and Bar?a. [@fansjavimiguel]

FC B

That's why I'd love him to coach a club la BVB before coming to Barca. I want to prove himself in Europe preferably at a high level like this not jumping straight from the back of the camels to Camp Nou.

If the rumour is true and he was offered by BVB and turned them down it's a clear sign to me he isn't the man for the job, at least not now.

Andresito

Staff member
I?d be very surprised if he turned the opportunity down had it arisen. The appointed Marco Rose pretty much soon as things weren?t working with Terzic. Saying that they ended up salvaging their season by winning the DFB Pokal and are on course to finish 3rd, when only a month ago they looked destined for the Europa League.

Think Terzic is going back to role of assistant, but not 100% sure on that.

Read rumours about Terzic going to Frankfurt.

I don't think Xavi wants a new project when he knows we have an unclear one at Barca. If we'd have a longterm coach on a 3 year contract it'd be different.
Or if we'd get a WC coach and guarantee him time to build a team, Xavi surely would take another job in the meantime.

But I also think he'll be somewhat involved in Qatar's WC run. He basically knows every Qatari player and it'd be huge if they'd have Xavi on their bench on the world biggest scene.

Messi983

Man something wrong with him

The legendary Xavi Hern?ndez rejected an offer from Borussia Dortmund two months ago to become their manager for next season: he only thinks about Al Sadd and Bar?a. [@fansjavimiguel]

Fake news.

Dortmund have already announced Marco Rose as their coach for next season three months ago (on February 15th).

Messi983

Read rumours about Terzic going to Frankfurt.

I don't think Xavi wants a new project when he knows we have an unclear one at Barca. If we'd have a longterm coach on a 3 year contract it'd be different.
Or if we'd get a WC coach and guarantee him time to build a team, Xavi surely would take another job in the meantime.

But I also think he'll be somewhat involved in Qatar's WC run. He basically knows every Qatari player and it'd be huge if they'd have Xavi on their bench on the world biggest scene.

I was just about to point this out. Isn't he also an ambassador or something for WC 2022? Might be one of the reason "he has to" stay in Qatar until WC so even if Laporta would seriously consider giving him a job this year he might still not come. Just my guess though.

Andresito

Staff member
I was just about to point this out. Isn't he also an ambassador or something for WC 2022? Might be one of the reason "he has to" stay in Qatar until WC so even if Laporta would seriously consider giving him a job this year he might still not come. Just my guess though.

Maybe. Although unlikely and not very common, he could join Qatar just for the WC even if he's Barca coach. More common in FM with dual management jobs though lol.

Nazario1985

I don't believe this BvB stuff ..

The same ones saying that also said he also Declined Brazil NT offering ... which is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans