Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

We were unlucky based on chances,

BUT didn't like the fact that he is not trying to instill pressing principles

It's ridiculous to play Osasuna and not have the whole team pressing high up the pitch to suffocate a technically mediocre side.
Of course when you have Pique and Umtiti (lenglet as well) who are these days as fast as my grandpa, you cannot play a high line without problems.

On the contrary, this 'conservative' approach protects these bums from getting exposed, but kills the whole team and the midfield, like under Ernie.
Today it was reminiscent of a typical Ernie afternoon with the only difference that 3-4 years ago MATS would have saved those shots, and the goals on the counter would have been scored by Messi

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://twitter.com/samuelmarsden/status/1470081518257192966?s=21

To the point from Xavi: Abde, Gavi & Nico were extraordinary. We're lucky with the contribution the youngsters are making. It was a great effort from whole team but it's the youngsters making the difference -- and that's difficult to digest

I see [MENTION=22947]mc_lovin[/MENTION] already posted this quote.

If Xavi sees it this way too then maybe he has to make some more changes and drop one or two of these senior players

khaled_a_d

The pitchforks are out :lol:

I love your optimistic energy man, I wish I had it.
But can you enlighten me why fans reaction should be different?
I mean it is tough situation and all, but Xavi isn't doing anything to make the fans hopeful, well other than being Xavi.

Squad is shit, but he needs some bravery, some actions at least.
I mean Busquets looks horrible out there and desperately need for rest, but it never comes so far. And the whole "Dest is terrible, we have no one else, squad is shit etc" are bad excuses at the moment. The guy can barely sprint anymore and in dire need for rest, the squad will continue to be awful for the rest of the season and we will struggle with all those injury prone player. That doesn't mean old players don't need rest

KingLeo10

What actions? The squad is abysmal.

Ditching the name brands of Busquets, Pique etc. allows one to put in place modern football principles, chief among them high intensity.

It's how teams like Mainz give Bayern a tougher game than Barca, who are the easiest opponents Bayern have faced in last 3 years.

serghei

What actions? The squad is abysmal.

The squad is abysmal, no CL next season. So fucking bench the lazy old bums. I'd rather finish 10th and bench all of their arrogant asses than 9th with them.

It has reached a point where they bring so little, that benching them even for no-names is not gonna be much worse. We're already seeing a no-name in Abde being better than Luuk de Jong and Coutinho.

George_Costanza

I actually liked the way we played, our youth players are something special!:worthy:

This team will be dominating the domestic competition by next season.

In Al Sadd, Xavi had a very rocky start and was called fraud in his first season. Then to have completely turned around the failures into massive success in the second season.

Xavi will gain some important practical experience amidst adversity.

mc_lovin

So the point of sacking Koeman and hiring Xavi is?

Honestly, I always said Koeman had very valid excuses (aka the squad), but was a total bitch with no upsides. Xavi is just a punt. Who knows where he will end, but there will be growing pains. Would still take Xavi 10 out of 10 times over Koeman.

Birdy

And then start who exactly?

ARaujo Eric as CBs, Mingueza to cover
Balde as LB,
Neto has played well last season for an extended period.
MATS should learn the lesson that ITS NOT OK to concede easy goals.

The message should get across to everyone.

One of Xavi's rules-principles was 'meritocracy' meaning the best play every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans