Xavi Hernández

gregorrin10

Had a shitty day, busy with COVID related problems (not me, I'm vaccinated), I'm kind of late, but... Welcome home, Xavi!

As if that somehow makes you invincible to getting (and spreading) it. :lol: Plus you've got the bonus of worrying about the side effects kicking up at any given time. :wave:

Last edited:

Windhook

As if that somehow makes you invincible to getting it, plus you've got the bonus of worrying about the side effects kicking up at any given time.

I'm nowhere near the thought I'm invincible or something. I'm taking all measures and following rules against getting the disease. I was helping a colleague of mine who has COVID-19 and his whole family. Off-topic.

Sterlingfan2000

Laporta have told Xavi that he won't be able to spend much in January. Laporta is waiting for the decision of the European Court of Justice regarding the European Super League. If everything goes to plan , Xavi will have The Super League Money to spend in the Summer in advance. Super League would probably start at 2023 [MD]

Messigician

Laporta have told Xavi that he won't be able to spend much in January. Laporta is waiting for the decision of the European Court of Justice regarding the European Super League. If everything goes to plan , Xavi will have The Super League Money to spend in the Summer in advance. Super League would probably start at 2023 [MD]

Laporta literally promised a balon dor winner in jan

will he arrive? HAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Will be hilarious if we buy Koman. So we'd have no forward line at all. Ansu, Dembele and Koman would all be on the treatment table.
Maybe we could play 4-5 1 or 442.
Not only is this squad mediocre its also physically and mentally weak.

Daisymorr

What do we think are Xavi's targets are for the remainder of the seaon?

CL qualification?
Win a trophy (copa del ray is only one realistically?)
just get us playing well in an attacking style?

Its hard to know what is realistic with this squad of players.

khaled_a_d

CL qualification?

A lot depends on the health of the squad and how clinical they are.
Those are two things that cost us dearly this year, no coach can fix anything if we don't have a healthy squad that don't know how to finish

jairzinho

Top four seems to be the ONLY realistic target but i fear we might not even make it. We can't string some decent results together and our players can't stay fit. Judging from the Celta game, trophies will be extremely difficult with this bunch. Even with a fully fit squad, it seems the mentality of the team is questionable. We need fit Ansu and Dembele to make top four imo.

serghei

CL qualification?

Play better and stop getting pushed around by weaker sides. That's all for this season. Fix the midfield, elevate De Jong's performances, and drop Busi. Develop the youngsters we have in midfield. If we make the midfield tick well, the likes of Celta won't be able to assault us like they are some world class team.

He needs to do what he did as a player, albeit not a the top level but at least vs lower-level Spanish sides. Even if the squad is weak and the injury rooms are full atm, we should move the ball better, smarter, and defend with the ball, that's what in theory at least we should know how to do.

Vs Celta everyone was defending deep in the 2nd half trying to survive the storm.

A lot depends on the health of the squad and how clinical they are.
Those are two things that cost us dearly this year, no coach can fix anything if we don't have a healthy squad that don't know how to finish

There are always aspects that can be improved by a better coach and a better staff. Some are out of his control, of course. For now at least. For example he can't magically recover injured players, and he can't make the likes of Luuk De Jong be proper forwards. But he can make the other De Jong play closer to his potential (he's still not the player he was at Ajax, regressed IMO compared to that level and that confidence), he can develop talented midfielders better in the way lesser managers couldn't.

So, basically, he can't be like "oh, nothing I can do, the squad is shit, players are injured". If that's gonna be his approach, he should have passed on the job. Moaning and finding excuses are two things we don't need atm. We've had enough of those lately.

He should deliver what he promised. Go to work, be constructive, make it his no1 mission to put us back on track, and make a name of himself on the big stage. Not a good situation to step into but you know what they say, when the going gets tough the tough get going.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

There are always aspects that can be improved by a better coach and a better staff. Some are out of his control, of course. For now at least. For example he can't magically recover injured players, and he can't make the likes of Luuk De Jong be proper forwards. But he can make the other De Jong play closer to his potential (he's still not the player he was at Ajax, regressed IMO compared to that level and that confidence), he can develop talented midfielders better in the way lesser managers couldn't.

Well, if FDJ himself gets injured every 6 or 7 games, what work do you think a coach can do to his performances? :lol:

serghei

Well, if FDJ himself gets injured every 6 or 7 games, what work do you think a coach can do to his performances? :lol:

Don't expect miracles unless other things improve too, but it's the overreaction that nothing can be done in these circumstances I have a problem with. Management can always make a difference, it's just that important in the modern game.

serghei

In a team like ours with so many to improve in so many areas, I'll be surprised if Xavi and his team won't make a visible quick impact. Not because they are so insanely good, but because the team is in a dire condition atm.

Messigician

Xavi will start training on Monday with:

- 11 players out with injuries
- no international players
- no pre-season
- danger of not making it through the Champions League group
- Bar?a 9th in La Liga
- a lower salary than at Al Sadd
- no signings
- the club in financial ruin

iniestaGOAT

CL qualification?

I dont think so, the priamary objective is top 4. The short term is get to round of 16.

Thats probably all they could ask from him. Forget the trophies etc for now

Home of Barca Fans