Xavi Hernández

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi is easily the better midfielder between him and Iniesta, and that is with both of them being legendary. Xavi is the GOAT CM.

iniestaGOAT

Xavi is easily the better midfielder between him and Iniesta, and that is with both of them being legendary. Xavi is the GOAT CM.

He is not easily the best CM my friend. Its arguable.

He is clear of PEP though in terms of footballing brain and hopefully he can translate it into a great mangerial career and be our Sir Alex Ferg which bald fraud dint have the balls to be

Nazario1985

I always judge a player as an individual not as a complementary of a system or a duo.

I've Watched 23/24 yo Xavi, sorry nothing special.

Now compared to Iniesta & Zidane same age they never needed a system or a manager or a duo to shine.

"Kid" Iniesta did hit every eye on the world the first season he played for us, while Xavi being at his best youth years and the best in spain back then.

Zidane famous nationally since 15/16 yo, and exploded internationally at 18 yo with Bordeaux then the Juve move .., played like a legend under every manager with different system and even with the Galacticos you could see he was the boss.

Those are 3 legendary players for the past 20-30 years, but my ranking will always be Zidane >=Iniesta > Xavi .

Those who watched them playing were very lucky I should say (coming from that 90's boring era, Bar R9).

Of course everyone who even remotely compares one of the three to the likes of Messi/CR7/Maradona is an idiot, two different galaxies !!

vegitot

I always judge a player as an individual not as a complementary of a system or a duo.

I've Watched 23/24 yo Xavi, sorry nothing special.

Now compared to Iniesta & Zidane same age they never needed a system or a manager or a duo to shine.

"Kid" Iniesta did hit every eye on the world the first season he played for us, while Xavi being at his best youth years and the best in spain back then.

Zidane famous nationally since 15/16 yo, and exploded internationally at 18 yo with Bordeaux then the Juve move .., played like a legend under every manager with different system and even with the Galacticos you could see he was the boss.

Those are 3 legendary players for the past 20-30 years, but my ranking will always be Zidane >=Iniesta > Xavi .

Those who watched them playing were very lucky I should say (coming from that 90's boring era, Bar R9).

Of course everyone who even remotely compares one of the three to the likes of Messi/CR7/Maradona is an idiot, two different galaxies !!

Zidane struggled hard when he had to play at 3 man midfield system under Lippi in his early days a Juventus. It was only till Lippi moved him to a no 10 role, a top of diamond then he started shine. Even though he was inconsistent.

Xavi was world class at 24, especially since David'a arrival. From 2008-2011, when he was the main man of midfield, he took it into extra dimension.

Iniesta was better than both, imo. Though Xavi was better under Tiki Taka system.

Btw, Zidane and Iniesta had supreme technique and dribbling skills. That makes them look like more talented but Xavi was unique in his own way.

Birdy

New coaches voice with Xavi Hernandez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yR5B8viTWQ

He doesn't bring a lot of new information here, it is all very simple and timeless, but he speaks clearly with total conviction and I am as convinced he would be the solution for FC Barcelona.

Watched it.

Carbon-copy reiterations of basic Pep principles, like
- 1 man superiority in zones
- widening the pitch horizontally
- A man is always free that you have to find

As usual,
he knows his theory (at least what he learned from Pep), huge question-marks if he can apply them successfully
even bigger question-mark if he understands how these principles can be applied in European football of 2021

Morten

He really needs to coach in Europe, because nobody really cares what he does in Qatar, at the end of the day.

Im sure clubs in Europe has given him offers, perhaps not the top clubs as of yet, but it sure beats coaching Al Sadd anyway.

Is he really only waiting for Barcelona?

vegitot

He just talks about stuff exactly as Cruyff and Pep talked before. Nothing new. And i feel like this idea goes with wealthy team which can spend a lot of money to bring quality players.

vegitot

He really needs to coach in Europe, because nobody really cares what he does in Qatar, at the end of the day.

Im sure clubs in Europe has given him offers, perhaps not the top clubs as of yet, but it sure beats coaching Al Sadd anyway.

Is he really only waiting for Barcelona?

More money in Qatar than in Europe. And because nobody cares much about his days in Qatar so no pressure even when he fails hard in AFC. If he coaches a team in Europe and fails, he can not keep his clean CV. Probably want a clean CV like Pep, always a winner CV.

serghei

New coaches voice with Xavi Hernandez: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yR5B8viTWQ

He doesn't bring a lot of new information here, it is all very simple and timeless, but he speaks clearly with total conviction and I am as convinced he would be the solution for FC Barcelona.

Great stuff. He needs to come to Europe and put that vision to good work. I'm sure he realizes this too and is planning for his next move, be it at Barca or somewhere else. His apprenticeship should be over in the near future one way or another.

With that vision and his conviction, he can be among the best if he works hard. Tiers above likes of EV or Koeman.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I like the way how he presents himself and so on, but it's not really ground breaking stuff he talks about :p

But for me it would be a real shame to see him somewhere else in Europe and not Barcelona, I am fairly optimistic he's Koeman's designated successor though.

vegitot

Need to move to Europe. Talking about some spectacular stuffs is something even an internet user can do. You can go to the same channel and watch how Jordi Cruyff talks about Johan's vision, tactic, philosophy and may think he is next Johan Cruyff.

mc_lovin

Need to move to Europe. Talking about some spectacular stuffs is something even an internet user can do. You can go to the same channel and watch how Jordi Cruyff talks about Johan's vision, tactic, philosophy and may think he is next Johan Cruyff.

Where though? Some midtable team won't do him any good and seeing him for the likes of Tottenham, Sevilla or Dortmund would feel seriously wrong (not that any of them would be realistic). I want us to show confidence.

Home of Barca Fans