Xavi Hernández

Sailor Mars

Well if all those things are true, at least Xavi was smart enough to not publicly attach himself to the Font presidential campaign.

fergus90

Some big inside info from Font about his right-hand Xavi (before the last back-stabbed him in order to make Laporta consider giving him the 1st team job):
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
?
5m
Victor Font: "I would have celebrated if Xavi had become the coach. I think his level is enough to train this team."
Victor Font: "Xavi was going to count on players like Piqu?, Busquets, Alba and Sergi Roberto. I don't know if that's the case currently."

SO:
This is telling of i) how narrow-minded Xavi is as to players and style of play. He still lives in 08-12.
ii) how blinded Font is in regards to Xavi's ability

Another big L for all the 'Xavi as a coach' fanboys on this platform.

How is it an ‘L’ when the current coach relies on them too :lol:

serghei

Some big inside info from Font about his right-hand Xavi (before the last back-stabbed him in order to make Laporta consider giving him the 1st team job):
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Universal
?
5m
Victor Font: "I would have celebrated if Xavi had become the coach. I think his level is enough to train this team."
Victor Font: "Xavi was going to count on players like Piqu?, Busquets, Alba and Sergi Roberto. I don't know if that's the case currently."

SO:
This is telling of i) how narrow-minded Xavi is as to players and style of play. He still lives in 08-12.
ii) how blinded Font is in regards to Xavi's ability

Another big L for all the 'Xavi as a coach' fanboys on this platform.

There are no Ls until Xavi gets the job and we see what he can do mate. The rest is just media noise.

Joan

True. Xavi did decline us once already. He knew it wasn't the right time.

Sounds to me he didn't wanna take on the mess and is waiting for better days. Not like staying in Qatar and refusing to move is offering him tremendous development opportunities.

serghei

Sounds to me he didn't wanna take on the mess and is waiting for better days. Not like staying in Qatar and refusing to move is offering him tremendous development opportunities.

The offer was never on the table from Laporta so far, whatever the reasons may be (Laporta wants him to gain more experience, we can't afford to pay Koeman to leave or others).

Joan

The offer was never on the table from Laporta so far, whatever the reasons may be (Laporta wants him to gain more experience, we can't afford to pay Koeman to leave or others).

Can't send him the offer all the way to Qatar. Club in ruins like Barca has to take care of mailing costs.

Birdy

There are no Ls until Xavi gets the job and we see what he can do mate. The rest is just media noise.

How is it an ‘L’ when the current coach relies on them too :lol:

It's an obvious L, since it shows Xavi does not 'get it'.

He does not get that Pique and Busi are past it, and that Serbi Roberto is barely a footballer.
He lives in a dreamland, created out of extrapolations of the real team that was around circa 08-12 under Pep.

No, we don't need to see Xavi getting the job to experience the pain of having a delusioned coach who gets disillusioned the hard way while he drives the team to ruins.

He should really get out there in Europe to try his ideas out. He needs to grow up as to what is football right now

PS: more evidence, from a quote reported a few hours ago
Xavi: "The problem at Bar?a lies in the style. We can't let ourselves be dominated by other big clubs in Europe. We have to dominate the ties from start to finish, otherwise we'll never win the Champions League. We will have many more options if we manage to dominate opponents."

Welcome to 2010 :facepalm:

Last edited:

fergus90

It's an obvious L, since it shows Xavi does not 'get it'.

He does not get that Pique and Busi are past it, and that Serbi Roberto is barely a footballer.
He lives in a dreamland, created out of extrapolations of the real team that was around circa 08-12 under Pep.

No, we don't need to see Xavi getting the job to experience the pain of having a delusioned coach who gets disillusioned the hard way while he drives the team to ruins.

He should really get out there in Europe to try his ideas out. He needs to grow up as to what is football right now

PS: more evidence, from a quote reported a few hours ago
Xavi: "The problem at Bar?a lies in the style. We can't let ourselves be dominated by other big clubs in Europe. We have to dominate the ties from start to finish, otherwise we'll never win the Champions League. We will have many more options if we manage to dominate opponents."

Welcome to 2010 :facepalm:

Forgive me if I was dreaming but didn’t all of Pique, Roberto, Busquets, Alba all play whenever available and we stumbled to a 3rd place finish?

I don’t see Xavi as some saviour by the way, but doesn’t it imply that Koeman also doesn’t “get it”?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Yh don't get it either. Im not a fan of appointing Xavi , but it is a bit hilarious to hand out L's while you are cartwheeling for Koeman who ended relying on all those seniors when the going got tough.

serghei

Yh don't get it either. Im not a fan of appointing Xavi , but it is a bit hilarious to hand out L's while you are cartwheeling for Koeman who ended relying on all those seniors when the going got tough.

The difference is Koeman actually played them. In the case of Xavi, it's something Victor Font said.

So you have facts vs words and suppositions. :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The difference is Koeman actually played them. In the case of Xavi, it's something Victor Font said.

So you have facts vs words and suppositions. :lol:

If Xavi said " "x" is my favourite food" and Font said " "y" is Xavi's favourite food". Id take Font's word over Xavi

Last edited:

Porque

Well it is just wild speculation. But it could suggest that this is one of the factors which concerned Laporta with Xavi appointment. That they don't see eye to eye with the necessary moves of the club.

Again, just wild speculation from a Font quote about Xavi :lol:

Victor Font talking about Xavi is getting as bad as Roberto Carlos' "In 3 weeks we will be Champions" quote, even when there was less than 3 weeks left in LaLiga.

Home of Barca Fans