Xavi Hernández

fergus90

It's good that we are getting the wins despite really riding our luck. But is our luck going to run out when it really matters e.g. March and April, that's the worry.

To be fair even when Barca was the best side in the world, some seasons we crashed in April after tearing Europe apart all season up to that point.

matbezlima

It's good that we are getting the wins despite really riding our luck. But is our luck going to run out when it really matters e.g. March and April, that's the worry.

To be fair even when Barca was the best side in the world, some seasons we crashed in April after tearing Europe apart all season up to that point.

That happened in all seasons of Guardiola at Barcelona. The team always suffered a big fall in the level of the performances in the months of february and march.

But this was specially notable in the 2010/2011 season. While all ended well, Barcelona was really far from their best from february to april in that season. The team was struggling to get the wins in La Liga, they were insanely wasteful in front of goal, and the squad was dealing with an increasing amount of injuries and sheer exhaustion. The Copa Del Rey final loss was a big blow at the time, there was genuine fear that the season could unravel, and Barcelona be knocked by Real in the UCL, which didn't happen.

Barcelona's performance against United in the final was by far Barcelona's best football in months. It was from October to January that Barcelona really played peak football in that season.

Barcilliant

I just don't see what Xavi is trying to achieve. He's neither here or there. When a team like Girona is putting you under the pump in last ten minutes it's a HUGE concern.
Imagine what Utd would do to us if they up the intensity? We would fold again easily.

delancey

Most boring football ever. 100 percent down to tactics as our squad is one of the most talented in the world.

Girona outplayed us at times, tactically. They are 4 points away from relegation.

Birdy

I calculated, and its actually 10 or 12 pts that we have scrapped from narrow wins (1-0 most of them) against LL fodder that we should have swiped and scattered through with ease, but we couldn't because Xavi is clueless how to play them (likes of Getafe, Mallorca, Girona, Celta, etc)

I don't who the witch doctor Xavi is going to is, but he is doing a huge job

freetocan

To be Honest, I do not believe that we play better than Real M in LL. We just have more luck.
A general impression, we did a very bad transfer campaign (as mostly usual) paying so much money on two people who really did not show anything. These are Torres (55mil Euro) and Raphinia (58 mil Euro). Not considering the other bum Eric Garcia, not sure how much we paid for him. So, with these huge waste of money, we could have brought here Mudryk, Judy Bellingham, Osimhen (Napoli), maybe Halland, etc, just to give some name.
There are so many good name up for grab from the market but we choose only junk.
I specifically followed Raphinia in all game with Girona. He was nowhere. Most of his passes were to opponents, did dribble once, without horizont at all.
I am always asking myself as how was possible that this player to impress Xavi so much, as well as Torres, to pay so much money on them.!!! To me is complete WASTE of Barca money. Period.

freetocan

Oh, bth, kind of half an year ago, I insisted that we should get rid of Depay asap as he is useles and should accept any offer. Someday was mentioning that we should easily get 40 mil Euro for him.
Do you know how much we sold him for. Guess… 2.6 mil Euro!!!!
Honestly, I could say that it is still ok as I would let him go for free. It’s good that we got rid of him, we should do the same with Torres and Raphinia. But, I cannot imagine that we will EVER recuperate the money paid for them. It is our normal way to do business…

Home of Barca Fans