Xavi Hernández

serghei

On Xavi to improve it then if thats the case.

He is picking those players.

I'm waiting for the summer. Some of our signings have been fixing the issue. Still have some work to do.

Let's see who our next important signing will be. That will be telling.

JamDav1982

I'm waiting for the summer. Some of our signings have been fixing the issue. Still have some work to do.

Who lacks 'intensity' that Xavi will want to replace in summer?

He just spemt 220m and is picking players.

Dont agree on intensity anyway it is more about set up being too easy to stop at times for opposition and team having nervy spells when game not killed off.

Other than Busi there is no leggy players and better than likes of Real on that front.

This is latest 'pre excuse' in case things go pear shaped in league or v Man Utd.... 'Barca players lack intensity and Xavi needs time to improve that'

ajnotkeith

Many of the Bayern players didn't look jacked before they entered that club...Goretzka being a prime example.

Onus is on the manager and the management to set the culture to adapt to the physicality of modern football. I understand that certain profiles of players are easier to mould, and that we should also be looking to recruit differently, but still, can't bring it all down to just the profile of players alone.

Goretzka is clear case of steroid use based on the timeframe and amount of gains he made. For the others it's hard to say but his transformation was certainly enhanced somehow.

serghei

Many of the Bayern players didn't look jacked before they entered that club...Goretzka being a prime example.

Onus is on the manager and the management to set the culture to adapt to the physicality of modern football. I understand that certain profiles of players are easier to mould, and that we should also be looking to recruit differently, but still, can't bring it all down to just the profile of players alone.

Recruiting is biggest factor. Nothing will make likes of Pedri, Garcia to become athletes. They will always be physically subpar. The idea is to not have too many of those. We've all seen how catastrophic a backline of Pique - Garcia could be. I mean, that's like having a man sent off.

I can understand keeping Pedri as starter because despite his poor strenght, he does bring creativity and technical ability like few others, but... out with the others.

Fati, Ferret, Garcia, Alba, Busquets out.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Recruiting is biggest factor. Nothing will make likes of Pedri, Garcia to become athletes. They will always be physically subpar. The idea is to not have too many of those. We've all seen how catastrophic a backline of Pique - Garcia could be. I mean, that's like having a man sent off.

I can understand keeping Pedri as starter because despite his poor strenght, he does bring creativity and technical ability like few others, but... out with the others.

Pedri is not 'physically sub par' and Gavi running about like a lunatic is not making him better at finding space or at closing down than Pedri.

Xavi doesnt want Busi to go.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think there's any problem with Pedri's stamina per say. He runs A LOT I think. His quickness/acceleration is bit of an issue vs physical teams.

serghei

I don't think there's any problem with Pedri's stamina per say. He runs A LOT I think. His quickness/acceleration is bit of an issue vs physical teams.

Are you joking? Past min 70 he could star in Walking Dead, and not in a leading role if you know what I mean...

Not much talking required in those roles either so they wouldn't even know he speaks Spanish.

JamDav1982

Are you joking? Past min 70 he could star in Walking Dead, and not in a leading role if you know what I mean...

Not much talking required in those roles either so they wouldn't even know he speaks Spanish.

Absolute nonsense.

Usual Serghie shite take once has convinced himself something is true.

Midfielders like Arthur and Puig were physically weak.. Pedri isnt and doesnt have an issue with fitness either.

Chose the most bizarre players to attack and stick up for time and again.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Pedri isn't great physically, but he's not awful either. He's just average and you will find plenty of players like that in football, in all the top teams too. Especially in midfield where having a good tank and technique is more important than anything. He is on the slow side but has a good tank to compensate for it and is very durable.

I would say the real physically poorer ones in the midfield are Busquets and Gavi.

serghei

He's average by normal player standard, and awful by top player standard in the physical area.

Gavi is better physically than Pedri. More fearless, less scared of physical duels in general and it shows.

Home of Barca Fans