Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

Nobody expected us to win away at Bayern. But not even scoring once? Not scoring vs Inter away? Not killing Inter at home when we could had 3-4 in the first half?

You must have missed the match because we scored a legal goal and earned a legal penalty and were screwed by the ref

You can't kill any team with a defense like we had when everyone is injured.

Xavi ball is here to stay.

Rory

What's the excuse for the first game against Inter? We had Garcia and Christensen when they scored, then didn't concede with Pique on the pitch. Should see some of the bang average players Inter field: Mkhitaryan, Darmian, Dimarco etc. We should have had a penalty, yes. I personally expect higher standards than relying on a penalty being given and then converted. Xavi has no excuse for not winning against inter at least once.

Also have you seen the defending Inter did against us in the 3-3 game? Go back and watch our first goal. We would slaughter our team for conceding like that. Our 2nd goal, deflection completely wrong-foots the keeper.

malvolio

What's the excuse for the first game against Inter? We had Garcia and Christensen when they scored, then didn't concede with Pique on the pitch. Should see some of the bang average players Inter field: Mkhitaryan, Darmian, Dimarco etc. We should have had a penalty, yes. I personally expect higher standards than relying on a penalty being given and then converted. Xavi has no excuse for not winning against inter at least once.

Also have you seen the defending Inter did against us in the 3-3 game? Go back and watch our first goal. We would slaughter our team for conceding like that. Our 2nd goal, deflection completely wrong-foots the keeper.

Yup, can't cry about referees and other shit when you can't beat your direct competitor for second qualifying spot at least once. They beat us at home and drew away, nothing to bitch and whine about. An Inter side that sits nearer to the middle of Serie A table than the top(weakest in years?)

KingLeo10

Xavi can be excused for not finishing at or above Bayern (even at full strength/availability of players, I think we're close or same level but not better right now)

Not finishing above Inter is terrible, no way to slice it

JohnN

It was a fuckup against Inter. The situation wasn't ideal for us with ref calls, injuries, fucking Pique getting a start and all that, but still we could have done better.
I am now committed to the #XaviOut train, because he played Busquets at El Classico. I believe this a massive error on his part, not playing FDJ in his place, even if it's not ideal.

But he can turn it all around by perma benching Busi and wining LL, CdR and EL. Easy task!

JamDav1982

The 4231 also suits guess who if he comes back... Messi.

Pedri deeper with FDJ and Gavi on AM/LW to run like a maniac and help press for Messi and Dembele on other side.

Pedri in that deeper role had best game of season v Sociedad away when Busi was suspended.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi can be excused for not finishing at or above Bayern (even at full strength/availability of players, I think we're close or same level but not better right now)

Not finishing above Inter is terrible, no way to slice it

Truth. No excuse.

Even with ref errors and so on. We should have done better.

Porque

How did people find Pedri in this match though. I know he started out as a AML at the Palm, but was kind of underwelming to me.

No problem if he starts there here and there though, as a result of Xavi tactical evaluation of the opponents. Just as long as it's not because he is shifting pieces to slot in Liam Neesons particular set of skills in the 11.

Jay Jay

If Messi comes back, could this work?

___________Ter Stegen______________
___Kounde____Araujo____Christensen__
________Frenkie_____Pedri___________
Dembele_______Messi__________Balde
__________Lewandowski_____________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans